The Otakon 2011 Thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2011 Thread

Post by Honou_Miko » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:08 am

Congrats to the winners!
As far as runtimes go, I think I need to find a happy middle between this year's 1:53 and last year's 10:13, yeah? :uhoh: One of those things that you don't realize until it's shown to other people that there is NO time to react. Bahhh.
Also, I feel like most Hetalia fans are too young to know the South Park Movie, which makes me feel old.

...Did anyone catch my little nod to Otaku Outpost's "One Day More" video? :P
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 am

:)
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 pm

irriadin wrote: Romance/Sentimental:

1st Place - Maya and Company by Kireblue
Congrats to Kireblue! If I wasn't competing against you, I probably would have voted for yours!
Runner-Up - Farewell, Satoshi Kon by Under The Box Productions
Also, yay! :)

Overall, a fun contest this year. I did enjoy last years a bit better, but only by a bit. I did feel like the comedy should be renamed "Comedy/Musical," since it tends to attract musical parodies, like the South Park one and "Be Our Guest." (though I did enjoy both of those).

Congrats to all the other winners as well, and thank you Vic for having such awesome DVD prizes! I intend to make full use of that Netstream card as well. :awesome:

I'll be posting my feelings on individual videos that I found exceptional sometime later today. Right now...sleep.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Hey Vic,
I sincerely apologize for not being able to fix my entry on time and of course to the unfortunate editor whose name wasn't placed on the ballots.
This should have been more than enough time to replace the footage but this whole mess came at a bad time. I worked 12 hour days all last week (7/18 - 7/22) and that was supposed to be the end of it...then I was to have the weekend off and resume with a normal 8-hour schedule. But as luck would have it some very intelligent people ( :? ) messed up at the job site and we were called in to do a little damage control, so my schedule went from 12 hours a day to 14-18 a day and I lost my only off-days =l
As you can imagine this left me with barely any time to rest, let alone time to edit. So I did what I could and scrapped together a mediocre edit and planned to send it to a friend of mine on Thursday night with the hopes that she might be able to deliver it to you first thing Friday morning...but by the time I finished it was already 4am and I was to leave for work at 5 (fml). And wouldn't you know it my connection decided to slow down at the worst time imaginable and I wasn't able to send it to her on time :cry:
So back to the apologies- I realize you must have had quite the headache cause of this whole mess so I apologize for any (and all) inconveniences I may have caused.

Oh and congrats to all the winners.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Davis 51 wrote:
irriadin wrote: Romance/Sentimental:

1st Place - Maya and Company by Kireblue
Congrats to Kireblue! If I wasn't competing against you, I probably would have voted for yours!
I think that I can say the same thing about your video. It really was a nice tribute.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm

How did Iron Editor go?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:How did Iron Editor go?
Chris Brown beat Rihanna haha. Although honestly, it went very well and Scintilla did a great job MCing. T'was awesome getting to meet so many editors too!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:45 pm

irriadin wrote: Comedy:

1st Place - Evangelion 0.22 - Shinji does (Not) Mean Business by Pixelblended Studios
Runner-Up - Ouran Host Club Welcomes You! by Hagaren Viper
Woo! Congrats to all the winners! I like how Eva gets into more Comedy vids that anything, haha.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:07 pm

-Corsair- wrote:
Chris Brown beat Rihanna haha. Although honestly, it went very well and Scintilla did a great job MCing. T'was awesome getting to meet so many editors too!
Damn, now I feel like I missed out on meeting everyone. Where were you in Iron Editor? The middle row?

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:33 pm

irriadin wrote:
-Corsair- wrote:
Damn, now I feel like I missed out on meeting everyone. Where were you in Iron Editor? The middle row?
Middle column, front row. With all the Youtubers haha

Return to “AMV Contests”