JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Nothing better than stalking judges in pain while deciding where should this point go :>

Also, I hope there will be no tie :uhoh: I'd have to decide it again, like last year, and gotta say I hate that. I especially hope there won't be any tie with my vid in it, because then I'd probably ask godix to solve it :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:
Image

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Nothing better than stalking judges in pain while deciding where should this point go :>

Also, I hope there will be no tie :uhoh: I'd have to decide it again, like last year, and gotta say I hate that. I especially hope there won't be any tie with my vid in it, because then I'd probably ask godix to solve it :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:


I'm going to score it on purpose so there are ties
(no I won't)
Image

User avatar
NS
I like pants
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Status: Pants
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby NS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 pm

(I will now that I saw this)
ImageImage

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

Actually, Nya, I noticed that for one of the categories 3 out of the five judges are not allowed to vote.
I think perhaps you should pull from your pool of nominated judges and get some extras.

When we lose one judge to ineligibility that's not that big a deal because 4/5 is still a good percentage (%80)
But when three judges are eliminated, that judging pool drops to %40, and could severly affect the ouctome.
Image

User avatar
NS
I like pants
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Status: Pants
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby NS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am

Yah, I actually commented about that in the document, but sooooomebody erased it >_>.
ImageImage

User avatar
Otohiko
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 8:32 pm
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Otohiko » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:50 am

Being the first one to complete the ballot, I nominate myself for Most Original Judge :dino: :bzz2:

Good stuff! As unattractive as sitting through hours and hours (and hours and hours) of videos might sound, it was actually extremely enjoyable for me this year. Part of it was having another judge watch it with me, but a lot of it was just the videos. I've done this a couple of times before, and I have to say that this year the selection of videos for MOST (not all) categories was really really solid, and there were many gems in the VCA/JCA semis with very few weak videos. Subjectively, I have to say this felt like the best year since 2006, in terms of the overall quality, variety and enjoyment factor of the videos that made it in. Thanks video editors, I'd totally watch this much stuff again, if it's of the same quality.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 pm

I finished my voting this afternoon, and I got to say that it was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in terms of reviewing AMVs. I'm currently in the process of typing my comments on the top 3 in every category, and they honestly could have been re-arranged in ANY order and wouldn't surprise me the results. The differences in my scoring system was probably by decimal amounts had I given them a mathematical equation to determine.

Drama, Collab, Sentimental... Those were the hardest for me. We had entirely fantastic videos in each of these categories and Nya watched all the judges SUFFER on those. Anybody nominated/scored in these videos should be very proud of themselves. They did a fantastic job. :up:

I found... SO MANY fantastic gems that I missed throughout the year. I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

I'd also like to say that Cross/Fade and Ileia should BOTH be given meritorious medals of honor for this year and share "Editor of the Year". Both had extremely wide arrays of videos in different genres and styles, and all of them were enjoyable. Let's hear it for them. |:> [AND I BETTER SEE BOTH OF YOU IN PROJECT ORGEDITOR THIS YEAR OR I WILL SICK THE DINOSAUR SHARKS ON YOU!]

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I finished my voting this afternoon, and I got to say that it was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in terms of reviewing AMVs. I'm currently in the process of typing my comments on the top 3 in every category, and they honestly could have been re-arranged in ANY order and wouldn't surprise me the results. The differences in my scoring system was probably by decimal amounts had I given them a mathematical equation to determine.

Drama, Collab, Sentimental... Those were the hardest for me. We had entirely fantastic videos in each of these categories and Nya watched all the judges SUFFER on those. Anybody nominated/scored in these videos should be very proud of themselves. They did a fantastic job. :up:

I found... SO MANY fantastic gems that I missed throughout the year. I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

I'd also like to say that Cross/Fade and Ileia should BOTH be given meritorious medals of honor for this year and share "Editor of the Year". Both had extremely wide arrays of videos in different genres and styles, and all of them were enjoyable. Let's hear it for them. |:> [AND I BETTER SEE BOTH OF YOU IN PROJECT ORGEDITOR THIS YEAR OR I WILL SICK THE DINOSAUR SHARKS ON YOU!]


I agree with Code, it was a fantastic look though all these videos.
There were so many great videos, it was very difficult to judge some of them, a real strict interpretation of the different category intentions was one of the only things I had that could narrow it down. But everyone that has a video in here (including all the judges) should be congradulated.
Image

User avatar
Snowcrash
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:08 am
Status: Looking for a job T_T
Location: France
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 am

Guys, your feedback is very enjoying and appreciable to read. :up:
I am really impatient to see your judgement next week ;)

CodeZTM wrote:I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

I support that but unfortunately, a lot of foreign editors don't post on org forum because of a lack of english knowledges (I suppose) or they are just not so interested by org. And even if they do it, they are not really known by the org community and their thread disappear quite quickly wuithout a lot of comments. :cry:
Image

User avatar
Lirinis
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:24 pm
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Lirinis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 am

CodeZTM wrote: I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

A multilanguage interface would really increase involvement. Trashing category names would not. Having JCAs on the forums only in a "pm me" way is a real stopper, nobody even understands the rules. Although I don't think you'd like to have people you never heard about as judges anyway.

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 am

Lirinis wrote:
CodeZTM wrote: I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

A multilanguage interface would really increase involvement. Trashing category names would not. Having JCAs on the forums only in a "pm me" way is a real stopper, nobody even understands the rules. Although I don't think you'd like to have people you never heard about as judges anyway.

Actually, the judges were voted this year by community and nobody from French/Russian community made it - I would've loved to see wider insight, to be honest ^^ I am even considering international judges the next year for real (like one from about seven countries).
Image

User avatar
Snowcrash
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:08 am
Status: Looking for a job T_T
Location: France
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 am

Lirinis wrote: Although I don't think you'd like to have people you never heard about as judges anyway.

In a certain way I can understand that users vote for persons who are very implicated in the "org life". Ant these people use to comment a lot of videos. I can understand "org foreigners" don't get a vote if they don't participate to the org life despite the fact they arve very active on their community.
The best example I have is S.A Robert who is doing a lot of comments on Org and Amvnews. But maybe he need to be more on IRC :roll:

Nya-chan Production wrote:Actually, the judges were voted this year by community and nobody from French/Russian community made it - I would've loved to see wider insight, to be honest ^^ I am even considering international judges the next year for real (like one from about seven countries).

I actually didn't vote :oops: but I don't know enough org community to do it. But there is already one foreigner in the jury (Kosmit is polish IIRC). But I suppose he's more often on org than the polish website ?
For french, russian and spanish communities, I suppose they don't take part in this vote because they already have big forums/communities (Amvnews/Akross, AMV-france, Zona-AMV) and doesn't know enough org people (and don't come on org).
It's maybe just one of the factors which could explain all of this situation.

But yeah maybe a pm system is not the best system to choose judges. The JCA (judges voting) could maybe implemented on the org mainpage during the VCA event ? Or maybe Org prefer to split clearly VCA and JCA ?
Image

User avatar
Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:37 pm
Status: Punching your salad
Location: Pole land
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Kosmit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am

Snowcrash wrote:I actually didn't vote :oops: but I don't know enough org community to do it. But there is already one foreigner in the jury (Kosmit is polish IIRC). But I suppose he's more often on org than the polish website ?

Yup, I'm Polish. And I do spend more time here than on the polish amv.com.pl even though I'm an admin there. The reason for that is simple - the polish AMV community is really small, so not much is happening there :sweat:

Too bad no one from the French community made it. I personally would've loved to see either Snowcrash or MimS among the JCA judges. The Russians could also use a representative (like Aggressor or SA Robert), but fortunately for them, I visit amvnews regularly and know what's going on there more or less. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about french, italian, spanish or even hungarian communities. Language barrier and all that :/

User avatar
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 am
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby mirkosp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 am

Technically the JCA is handled by the users and not by the .org itself, the fact that it's being organized by Nya, which happens to be an org mod, is just a coincidence, as it initially was handled by Koopiskeva (IIRC...) and then by godix.
Since it has its own value and is tied to the VCAs, it has its space here, but I think the fact that it's meant to be a contest organized by users and not by the org is the reason why it's not been implemented in the VCA voting yet.
As for foreign judges, there have been at least a few, though you can say they were all clearly recognized on the .org and active in the .org community... and possibly IRC channel too, as you suggested. :bzz2:
Image

User avatar
Otohiko
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 8:32 pm
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Otohiko » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Oh there is definitely a Russian among the judges this year. Just because I only lurk around AMVnews and AKROSS and usually don't post doesn't make me any less Russian >__>

However I agree with Lirinis, a multi-language interface would be very helpful, especially for things on the site that already draw a big international audience (like the VCA).
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests