JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Best Collaborative Video (36)
Blame It On 2009: A Good, Good Year (31)

It's Smoky Today (27)

Open Your Eyes (24)




Thanks for that number 3 =D That makes us very happy :3 And thanks Code for that comment, we plan to edit something else like that in the near future w/ another editor as well : )

I also was looking over the Judge's Pick for Best Collab, that It's smokey today was definetely a great Collab, its too bad its not on org D: Its a favourite of mine.

I think VCA's& JCA's turned out great : ) think the outcome is nice, and we should be happy with results.
Image
User avatar
Chained(E)Studio
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Melichan923 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I have to say I was so happy/shocked I practically screamed when I saw the results. Thanks so much and congrats to all the other winners as well. :D :up:
Image
Image Image
User avatar
Melichan923
 
Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: New Hampshire

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Melichan923 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Melichan923 wrote:I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I have to say I was so happy/shocked I practically screamed when I saw the results. Thanks so much and congrats to all the other winners as well. :D :up:


^ Was supposed to be in the VCA thread, had too many tabs open to read. But if I didn't I probably would have forgotten to go through this one tonight. I hadn't even realized I also won Best Trailer in the JCAs yet as well. :lol: :shock: Holy moly. I've only gotten through some of the commentary/sheet so far that's posted from the judges, but I really appreciate everything put into these contests. It was fun to be able to participate. Thank you very much everybody. :)
Image
Image Image
User avatar
Melichan923
 
Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: New Hampshire

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Dr.Dinosaur

The Pinkie Pie Party Time Award - Hare Hare Youkai


Thank you!

I also have something to say about disqualifications for best first video (and the like)... First off, Hare Hare Youkai wasn't my first AMV, so it certainly deserved its disqualification... I didn't even know it was nominated for the VCAs/JCAs until tonight...

But I'm pretty certain no one on this site could tell from looking at my sister's youtube account which AMV was the first I worked on... so I'm inclined to thinking that maybe people should just ask.
User avatar
Warlike Swans
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Status: Pending

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby CastielTheFallen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 am

Absence of VCA drama mean arrival of JCA drama. *gets popcorn and waits*
Image
DZ|BSP
User avatar
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Location: Nowheresville, NJ
Status: Sick & Uninspired

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 am

Warlike Swans wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Dr.Dinosaur

The Pinkie Pie Party Time Award - Hare Hare Youkai


Thank you!

I also have something to say about disqualifications for best first video (and the like)... First off, Hare Hare Youkai wasn't my first AMV, so it certainly deserved its disqualification... I didn't even know it was nominated for the VCAs/JCAs until tonight...

But I'm pretty certain no one on this site could tell from looking at my sister's youtube account which AMV was the first I worked on... so I'm inclined to thinking that maybe people should just ask.

There's a check-box in your profile that says "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" - unless you check that, you can't participate in the VCAs at all. The administration is giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're not lying in checking that and using it to determine 1st videos, rookie years, etc.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby NS » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 am

Arashinome wrote:Absence of VCA drama mean arrival of JCA drama. *gets popcorn and waits*


I just entered random numbers, none of you deserve shit.

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:There's a check-box in your profile that says "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" - unless you check that, you can't participate in the VCAs at all. The administration is giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're not lying in checking that and using it to determine 1st videos, rookie years, etc.


I have now unchecked that box, but I had never gone into edit profile and that box is checked by default.
User avatar
Warlike Swans
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Status: Pending

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Snowcrash » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

I forget to drink some champagne to celebrate our JCA victory :awesome: (NSFW) :
Spoiler :
Image
Image by Gilou_senior who did it under the influence of alcohol
Image
User avatar
Snowcrash
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: France
Status: Looking for a job T_T

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Gwench » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Happy to see that our VERSUS enjoyed many people. It's cool we won the JCAs MEP category, but it was not the main purpose. It was to create something original -I think it was, hehe... :ying:- for a MEP, not an usual one (dance, fun, and so on...).

I hope this way people who missed our video will discover (and like ?) it. The same for other videos. :)
User avatar
Gwench
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2003
Location: Toulouse (Fr.)

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby SeNniN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:44 am

CodeZTM wrote:
1) Nomations should not be soley limited to the Semi-Finalists. This knocks out a TON of great works.


I completely agree with code on that because none of my work apparently made in to semi-final. :shock:
But it's not only me, there are some other great amv's out there, that don't get the attention they deserve.
Anyways, I have to say that the JCA results were pretty accurate this yea.
And even though, I was not part of this year JCA, I have to say that, I for one appreciate all the work that goes into this, so great job guys. :up:

Congratz to all the winners! :awesome:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeNniN
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:55 am

Oh yeah I completely forget to vote for your awesome Sullen. Did you do some advert on the VCA subforum ? Because I really love your video.
At least I wrote an article about it :wink:
Image
User avatar
Snowcrash
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: France
Status: Looking for a job T_T

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby SeNniN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Snowcrash wrote:Oh yeah I completely forget to vote for your awesome Sullen. Did you do some advert on the VCA subforum ? Because I really love your video.
At least I wrote an article about it :wink:


I actually did read it couple of weeks back, and wow, lol.. thanks a lot for that. You had some nice things to say about it.
I really appreciate the review, snowcrash. :ying:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeNniN
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Sennin wrote:I completely agree with code on that because none of my work apparently made in to semi-final. :shock:
But it's not only me, there are some other great amv's out there, that don't get the attention they deserve.


I tried =PP
Theres always going to be amv's that never get the attention they deserve.. its just how it goes
(maybe if more people watched more amv's from those they don't know, then more would get noticed)

But~
You can't fly a kite without any air =P

ps prolly ramble on way too much ^_^ but Sullen definitely stands on its own without a tag of vca or jca : )
pss I love cats *~~*
psss I bet loads of people are also reading this ... =D
Image
User avatar
Chained(E)Studio
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby SeNniN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:I tried =PP
Theres always going to be amv's that never get the attention they deserve.. its just how it goes
(maybe if more people watched more amv's from those they don't know, then more would get noticed)

But~
You can't fly a kite without any air =P

ps prolly ramble on way too much ^_^ but Sullen definitely stands on its own without a tag of vca or jca : )
pss I love cats *~~*
psss I bet loads of people are also reading this ... =D



I wasn't expecting much from vca because I knew that it didn't get that many hits, so it was obvious, lol.
You were the only person I knew would vote.. =]
btw, congratz on the 3rd place for open your eyes.

p.s cats are awesome, but dinosaurs > cats. 8D :dino:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeNniN
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Previous

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lord Rae and 2 guests