JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Thepooh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am

Dr.Dinosaur wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
MimS wrote:VCAs results suck but JCAs one are worse :uhoh:

Like every year, someone complains :>

But as I said, I plan to change the judge's selection for the next year - probably 7-9 judges, each from a different country. US, Russia, France and Italy will each get 1 place for sure :>


Well this year we had

Canada
Russia
US x2
and Poland

I'd say that was pretty good.


They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same. Let me sum up,

Members vote for their friends and then these friends (which became judges) vote for people who (their friends) elected them. Great, really.

Each year you will have the same judges, and the same kind of results.

You don't have to select the same judges each year, you'll save time, especially as : these judges have the same taste, don't take Miami lovers for judging the heat. I think i can tell which judges will be elected for the 2012 edition.

I don't blame judges, I know how it can be hard (I was judge for the past japan expo), and thanks for your verdict. The problem is : THE SYSTEM !! :bzz:

I didn't criticize judges for their tastes it's a subjective opinion, we all have our own. I criticize the choice of judges.

Take 4 guys like :
Turbo, Dn@, JCD, Mirkosp...

And add 4 guys (or girls) elected by their friends.

And I think we will have more interesting results,

My 2 cents,
Image
Twitter (My current project : Neetcafe a social network based on anime & manga :D)
User avatar
Thepooh
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Location: Paris - France
Status: hangover...

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby NS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Look at the number values for each category and tell me every judge has the same taste. Suck a dick dude. I disagree with several of the results, and agree with some as well. We didn't fucking vote for people just because they're our friends, I voted for people and videos because they fucking deserved it. If that doesn't fit into your little plan and idea for who should have won, then run your own little award show where YOU award your "friends" with awards that you think they should have.

All this shit is just opinion, if you don't agree with it, then deal with it.
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby EvaFan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 pm

eh, I'm not gonna lie. I think the VCA's results were better this year overall aside from the MEP category obviously but thats just my opinion. Congrats to the winners of both VCA and JCA. It was a good year. :beer:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
EvaFan
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Location: Somerset, KY
Status: (*゚▽゚)o旦~ ー乾杯ー♪

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby purplepolecat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:57 pm

|:> Wooh I won something wooh |:>
Thanks guys, I was kinda bummed last night after the VCA results. Justice is restored!

Looking at the other categories, I think I favor the opinions of the incestuous ivory tower elitists more than that of the ignorant unwashed masses.

Some of the problems were with categorization - for example, technically AMV Hell and Memory Flash are both MEPs, but it doesn't even make sense to compare them.

The important thing is, whichever way you look at it, there were a buttload of great videos in 2010. Grats to all the winners, and all the people who deserved to win.
Image Image
User avatar
purplepolecat
 
Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Woah Blain .. Too much man!

So much anger from everyone!

Let's just be happy for the people that won, And for the people that made the finalists.
I have to say I didn't watch too many videos throughout the year, so when I sat down and watched all of these ones I found some awesome videos I had never seen before!

I honestly believe that all the videos on this list deserved some recognition because they were all great and it was really hard to put a numerical value on them.

Everyone did a great job, and while alot of people do not seem to be having fun with the whole thing, I did and I appreciate all of you who also did!

Happy Shark Smiles for all you.
:shark:
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby NS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

That's not anger. That's just how I talk, you should know this by now toddles :3.
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby pink haze » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

/reads judges' comments.

Great job, everyone! Thanks for all your hard work. ^^
Image
User avatar
pink haze
 
Joined: 09 May 2008
Location: T E X A S

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

MimS wrote:Who said/decided I was subjective? :roll:

You sounded like your opinion on MEP category was the ultimate right one ;>

Thepooh wrote:They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same. Let me sum up,

Members vote for their friends and then these friends (which became judges) vote for people who (their friends) elected them. Great, really.

Each year you will have the same judges, and the same kind of results.

You don't have to select the same judges each year, you'll save time, especially as : these judges have the same taste, don't take Miami lovers for judging the heat. I think i can tell which judges will be elected for the 2012 edition.

I don't blame judges, I know how it can be hard (I was judge for the past japan expo), and thanks for your verdict. The problem is : THE SYSTEM !! :bzz:

I didn't criticize judges for their tastes it's a subjective opinion, we all have our own. I criticize the choice of judges.

Take 4 guys like :
Turbo, Dn@, JCD, Mirkosp...

And add 4 guys (or girls) elected by their friends.

And I think we will have more interesting results,

My 2 cents,

You know, I could argue that Japan Expo is majorily won by French authors. What a coincidence! But I won't. Know why? Because I trust the judges that they will do their job.

It fairly pains me that the French scene blames the judges for the outcome in this thread, because I believe that all of them put their bias aside and judged the best that they could. They all saw hundreds of videos, had to sort them all out and write comments in two weeks. And now you come and say "Hey, you voted for your friends, fuck your effort, I could do better!". Because under these words about you wanting better system, you say just that much.

You can blame Org nomination system (because judges selected videos mainly from semi-final pool of videos), you can probably blame me for not picking you as a judge, but letting the people choose, but you certainly CANNOT blame judges. Which you did, even when you excused yourself, since they are part of the system (and it's called hypocrisy, btw).

In other words, and to sum it up - the results are valid and in my opinion to the best belief and work of the judges. You can try to change it the next year, but please refrain from attacking the judges this year.

P.S.: Btw, a fun fact - shortly after this dramalama started to boil, two people, one from French and one from Russian scene, offered me a cooperation for the next year. Why nobody did it the whole last year (when I announced I'd organize JCAs this year as well) and now is surprised and offended that I didn't ask him to be in, because it "should've been obvious that we wanted to vote".

P.P.S.: I still think that I didn't convey my message clearly enough ><
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Latest two winners of Japan Expo weren't French...

Anyway I dont' blame the judges, I blame the system :
Something is right in Pooh's text, people from the same community have prolly same taste and more important, the same "knowledge" in AMVing
What I mean is being from Org, AMV.ru, AML-fr or Zona-AMV, you may not know the same vids. OK, consider that every vid participating in any contest seen as "big" is known, still, there are plenty of vids that I love that org people have never seen just because they are org people. Also, logical consequence, being from the same community, you share more easily the same type of ops on same type of vids. Sure it won't be the exact same opinion but it's already too much.
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh and yeah Nya, I keep on saying, asking to Snow or me (just one of us), you would have something from the French scene who would have accepted to judge, it's just that you didn't really try to improve the system

Just my op though...
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Snowcrash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I want to say +1 for Nya-chan.
Personnally I dislike judging: too much time needed and sometimes very difficult to do a good ranking.
So I congrats the judges for their work and the time they spent on it.

For the complainers who were judges in the past I am pretty sure you know how it's difficult and long to got some good results.

And honestly I had a lot of fun to read the judges' comments and the special prizes :beer:
And the results were quite different from a judge to another. So yes the tastes are definitely different (who says subjectivity ^^).

But complaining is a part of EVERY contest. So don't be too upset.

The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year.

|:>
Image
User avatar
Snowcrash
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: France
Status: Looking for a job T_T

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I'll kill you Snow >_>
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Snowcrash wrote:The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year. |:>


|:> :shark: |:>
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Lirinis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same.

x2

Nobody blames the judges, they honestly did their job.
Still, the system makes the results eligible for the North-American community only. It's ok if it was meant so. Was it?

The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year.

Yeah, that is why the Big Contest winner is not even mentioned anywhere.
User avatar
Lirinis
 
Joined: 14 Jun 2006

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Postby Snowcrash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Lirinis wrote:
The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year.

Yeah, that is why the Big Contest winner is not even mentioned anywhere.

I correct myself: the videos I missed from the org community during 2010.
Difficult to miss the AMVnews videos because each videos of the Big contest is really well announced on the russian website. I mean a forum announcement is still less attractive than a presentation on the main page of a website.
Image
User avatar
Snowcrash
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: France
Status: Looking for a job T_T

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests