JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote: Best Collaborative Video (36)
Blame It On 2009: A Good, Good Year (31)

It's Smoky Today (27)

Open Your Eyes (24)

Thanks for that number 3 =D That makes us very happy :3 And thanks Code for that comment, we plan to edit something else like that in the near future w/ another editor as well : )

I also was looking over the Judge's Pick for Best Collab, that It's smokey today was definetely a great Collab, its too bad its not on org D: Its a favourite of mine.

I think VCA's& JCA's turned out great : ) think the outcome is nice, and we should be happy with results.

Melichan923
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Post by Melichan923 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I have to say I was so happy/shocked I practically screamed when I saw the results. Thanks so much and congrats to all the other winners as well. :D :up:
Image Image

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Melichan923 wrote:I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I have to say I was so happy/shocked I practically screamed when I saw the results. Thanks so much and congrats to all the other winners as well. :D :up:
^ Was supposed to be in the VCA thread, had too many tabs open to read. But if I didn't I probably would have forgotten to go through this one tonight. I hadn't even realized I also won Best Trailer in the JCAs yet as well. :lol: :shock: Holy moly. I've only gotten through some of the commentary/sheet so far that's posted from the judges, but I really appreciate everything put into these contests. It was fun to be able to participate. Thank you very much everybody. :)
Image Image

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 am

Nya-chan Production wrote: Dr.Dinosaur

The Pinkie Pie Party Time Award - Hare Hare Youkai
Thank you!

I also have something to say about disqualifications for best first video (and the like)... First off, Hare Hare Youkai wasn't my first AMV, so it certainly deserved its disqualification... I didn't even know it was nominated for the VCAs/JCAs until tonight...

But I'm pretty certain no one on this site could tell from looking at my sister's youtube account which AMV was the first I worked on... so I'm inclined to thinking that maybe people should just ask.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 am

Absence of VCA drama mean arrival of JCA drama. *gets popcorn and waits*

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 am

Warlike Swans wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote: Dr.Dinosaur

The Pinkie Pie Party Time Award - Hare Hare Youkai
Thank you!

I also have something to say about disqualifications for best first video (and the like)... First off, Hare Hare Youkai wasn't my first AMV, so it certainly deserved its disqualification... I didn't even know it was nominated for the VCAs/JCAs until tonight...

But I'm pretty certain no one on this site could tell from looking at my sister's youtube account which AMV was the first I worked on... so I'm inclined to thinking that maybe people should just ask.
There's a check-box in your profile that says "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" - unless you check that, you can't participate in the VCAs at all. The administration is giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're not lying in checking that and using it to determine 1st videos, rookie years, etc.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 am

Arashinome wrote:Absence of VCA drama mean arrival of JCA drama. *gets popcorn and waits*
I just entered random numbers, none of you deserve shit.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote: There's a check-box in your profile that says "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" - unless you check that, you can't participate in the VCAs at all. The administration is giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're not lying in checking that and using it to determine 1st videos, rookie years, etc.
I have now unchecked that box, but I had never gone into edit profile and that box is checked by default.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

I forget to drink some champagne to celebrate our JCA victory :awesome: (NSFW) :
Spoiler :
Image by Gilou_senior who did it under the influence of alcohol

Gwench
Org Profile

Post by Gwench » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Happy to see that our VERSUS enjoyed many people. It's cool we won the JCAs MEP category, but it was not the main purpose. It was to create something original -I think it was, hehe... :ying:- for a MEP, not an usual one (dance, fun, and so on...).

I hope this way people who missed our video will discover (and like ?) it. The same for other videos. :)

Return to “AMV Contests”