JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Judges aboard, final voting!

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Nothing better than stalking judges in pain while deciding where should this point go :>

Also, I hope there will be no tie :uhoh: I'd have to decide it again, like last year, and gotta say I hate that. I especially hope there won't be any tie with my vid in it, because then I'd probably ask godix to solve it :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Nothing better than stalking judges in pain while deciding where should this point go :>

Also, I hope there will be no tie :uhoh: I'd have to decide it again, like last year, and gotta say I hate that. I especially hope there won't be any tie with my vid in it, because then I'd probably ask godix to solve it :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:
I'm going to score it on purpose so there are ties
(no I won't)

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 pm

(I will now that I saw this)

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

Actually, Nya, I noticed that for one of the categories 3 out of the five judges are not allowed to vote.
I think perhaps you should pull from your pool of nominated judges and get some extras.

When we lose one judge to ineligibility that's not that big a deal because 4/5 is still a good percentage (%80)
But when three judges are eliminated, that judging pool drops to %40, and could severly affect the ouctome.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am

Yah, I actually commented about that in the document, but sooooomebody erased it >_>.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:50 am

Being the first one to complete the ballot, I nominate myself for Most Original Judge :dino: :bzz2:

Good stuff! As unattractive as sitting through hours and hours (and hours and hours) of videos might sound, it was actually extremely enjoyable for me this year. Part of it was having another judge watch it with me, but a lot of it was just the videos. I've done this a couple of times before, and I have to say that this year the selection of videos for MOST (not all) categories was really really solid, and there were many gems in the VCA/JCA semis with very few weak videos. Subjectively, I have to say this felt like the best year since 2006, in terms of the overall quality, variety and enjoyment factor of the videos that made it in. Thanks video editors, I'd totally watch this much stuff again, if it's of the same quality.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 pm

I finished my voting this afternoon, and I got to say that it was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in terms of reviewing AMVs. I'm currently in the process of typing my comments on the top 3 in every category, and they honestly could have been re-arranged in ANY order and wouldn't surprise me the results. The differences in my scoring system was probably by decimal amounts had I given them a mathematical equation to determine.

Drama, Collab, Sentimental... Those were the hardest for me. We had entirely fantastic videos in each of these categories and Nya watched all the judges SUFFER on those. Anybody nominated/scored in these videos should be very proud of themselves. They did a fantastic job. :up:

I found... SO MANY fantastic gems that I missed throughout the year. I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

I'd also like to say that Cross/Fade and Ileia should BOTH be given meritorious medals of honor for this year and share "Editor of the Year". Both had extremely wide arrays of videos in different genres and styles, and all of them were enjoyable. Let's hear it for them. |:> [AND I BETTER SEE BOTH OF YOU IN PROJECT ORGEDITOR THIS YEAR OR I WILL SICK THE DINOSAUR SHARKS ON YOU!]

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I finished my voting this afternoon, and I got to say that it was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in terms of reviewing AMVs. I'm currently in the process of typing my comments on the top 3 in every category, and they honestly could have been re-arranged in ANY order and wouldn't surprise me the results. The differences in my scoring system was probably by decimal amounts had I given them a mathematical equation to determine.

Drama, Collab, Sentimental... Those were the hardest for me. We had entirely fantastic videos in each of these categories and Nya watched all the judges SUFFER on those. Anybody nominated/scored in these videos should be very proud of themselves. They did a fantastic job. :up:

I found... SO MANY fantastic gems that I missed throughout the year. I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!

I'd also like to say that Cross/Fade and Ileia should BOTH be given meritorious medals of honor for this year and share "Editor of the Year". Both had extremely wide arrays of videos in different genres and styles, and all of them were enjoyable. Let's hear it for them. |:> [AND I BETTER SEE BOTH OF YOU IN PROJECT ORGEDITOR THIS YEAR OR I WILL SICK THE DINOSAUR SHARKS ON YOU!]
I agree with Code, it was a fantastic look though all these videos.
There were so many great videos, it was very difficult to judge some of them, a real strict interpretation of the different category intentions was one of the only things I had that could narrow it down. But everyone that has a video in here (including all the judges) should be congradulated.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 am

Guys, your feedback is very enjoying and appreciable to read. :up:
I am really impatient to see your judgement next week ;)
CodeZTM wrote:I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!
I support that but unfortunately, a lot of foreign editors don't post on org forum because of a lack of english knowledges (I suppose) or they are just not so interested by org. And even if they do it, they are not really known by the org community and their thread disappear quite quickly wuithout a lot of comments. :cry:

Lirinis
Org Profile

Post by Lirinis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 am

CodeZTM wrote: I really wish that the Russian/French editors would announce/pimp their videos more effectively around here. That, or I need a foreign editor to keep me in the loop on these things!
A multilanguage interface would really increase involvement. Trashing category names would not. Having JCAs on the forums only in a "pm me" way is a real stopper, nobody even understands the rules. Although I don't think you'd like to have people you never heard about as judges anyway.

Return to “AMV Contests”