Thepooh
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Post by Thepooh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am

Dr.Dinosaur wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
MimS wrote:VCAs results suck but JCAs one are worse :uhoh:
Like every year, someone complains :>

But as I said, I plan to change the judge's selection for the next year - probably 7-9 judges, each from a different country. US, Russia, France and Italy will each get 1 place for sure :>
Well this year we had

Canada
Russia
US x2
and Poland

I'd say that was pretty good.
They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same. Let me sum up,

Members vote for their friends and then these friends (which became judges) vote for people who (their friends) elected them. Great, really.

Each year you will have the same judges, and the same kind of results.

You don't have to select the same judges each year, you'll save time, especially as : these judges have the same taste, don't take Miami lovers for judging the heat. I think i can tell which judges will be elected for the 2012 edition.

I don't blame judges, I know how it can be hard (I was judge for the past japan expo), and thanks for your verdict. The problem is : THE SYSTEM !! :bzz:

I didn't criticize judges for their tastes it's a subjective opinion, we all have our own. I criticize the choice of judges.

Take 4 guys like :
Turbo, Dn@, JCD, Mirkosp...

And add 4 guys (or girls) elected by their friends.

And I think we will have more interesting results,

My 2 cents,
THEPOOHMINATORUSREX (Youtube)

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Look at the number values for each category and tell me every judge has the same taste. Suck a dick dude. I disagree with several of the results, and agree with some as well. We didn't fucking vote for people just because they're our friends, I voted for people and videos because they fucking deserved it. If that doesn't fit into your little plan and idea for who should have won, then run your own little award show where YOU award your "friends" with awards that you think they should have.

All this shit is just opinion, if you don't agree with it, then deal with it.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 pm

eh, I'm not gonna lie. I think the VCA's results were better this year overall aside from the MEP category obviously but thats just my opinion. Congrats to the winners of both VCA and JCA. It was a good year. :beer:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:57 pm

|:> Wooh I won something wooh |:>
Thanks guys, I was kinda bummed last night after the VCA results. Justice is restored!

Looking at the other categories, I think I favor the opinions of the incestuous ivory tower elitists more than that of the ignorant unwashed masses.

Some of the problems were with categorization - for example, technically AMV Hell and Memory Flash are both MEPs, but it doesn't even make sense to compare them.

The important thing is, whichever way you look at it, there were a buttload of great videos in 2010. Grats to all the winners, and all the people who deserved to win.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Woah Blain .. Too much man!

So much anger from everyone!

Let's just be happy for the people that won, And for the people that made the finalists.
I have to say I didn't watch too many videos throughout the year, so when I sat down and watched all of these ones I found some awesome videos I had never seen before!

I honestly believe that all the videos on this list deserved some recognition because they were all great and it was really hard to put a numerical value on them.

Everyone did a great job, and while alot of people do not seem to be having fun with the whole thing, I did and I appreciate all of you who also did!

Happy Shark Smiles for all you.
:shark:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

That's not anger. That's just how I talk, you should know this by now toddles :3.

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

/reads judges' comments.

Great job, everyone! Thanks for all your hard work. ^^

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

MimS wrote:Who said/decided I was subjective? :roll:
You sounded like your opinion on MEP category was the ultimate right one ;>
Thepooh wrote:They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same. Let me sum up,

Members vote for their friends and then these friends (which became judges) vote for people who (their friends) elected them. Great, really.

Each year you will have the same judges, and the same kind of results.

You don't have to select the same judges each year, you'll save time, especially as : these judges have the same taste, don't take Miami lovers for judging the heat. I think i can tell which judges will be elected for the 2012 edition.

I don't blame judges, I know how it can be hard (I was judge for the past japan expo), and thanks for your verdict. The problem is : THE SYSTEM !! :bzz:

I didn't criticize judges for their tastes it's a subjective opinion, we all have our own. I criticize the choice of judges.

Take 4 guys like :
Turbo, Dn@, JCD, Mirkosp...

And add 4 guys (or girls) elected by their friends.

And I think we will have more interesting results,

My 2 cents,
You know, I could argue that Japan Expo is majorily won by French authors. What a coincidence! But I won't. Know why? Because I trust the judges that they will do their job.

It fairly pains me that the French scene blames the judges for the outcome in this thread, because I believe that all of them put their bias aside and judged the best that they could. They all saw hundreds of videos, had to sort them all out and write comments in two weeks. And now you come and say "Hey, you voted for your friends, fuck your effort, I could do better!". Because under these words about you wanting better system, you say just that much.

You can blame Org nomination system (because judges selected videos mainly from semi-final pool of videos), you can probably blame me for not picking you as a judge, but letting the people choose, but you certainly CANNOT blame judges. Which you did, even when you excused yourself, since they are part of the system (and it's called hypocrisy, btw).

In other words, and to sum it up - the results are valid and in my opinion to the best belief and work of the judges. You can try to change it the next year, but please refrain from attacking the judges this year.

P.S.: Btw, a fun fact - shortly after this dramalama started to boil, two people, one from French and one from Russian scene, offered me a cooperation for the next year. Why nobody did it the whole last year (when I announced I'd organize JCAs this year as well) and now is surprised and offended that I didn't ask him to be in, because it "should've been obvious that we wanted to vote".

P.P.S.: I still think that I didn't convey my message clearly enough ><

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Latest two winners of Japan Expo weren't French...

Anyway I dont' blame the judges, I blame the system :
Something is right in Pooh's text, people from the same community have prolly same taste and more important, the same "knowledge" in AMVing
What I mean is being from Org, AMV.ru, AML-fr or Zona-AMV, you may not know the same vids. OK, consider that every vid participating in any contest seen as "big" is known, still, there are plenty of vids that I love that org people have never seen just because they are org people. Also, logical consequence, being from the same community, you share more easily the same type of ops on same type of vids. Sure it won't be the exact same opinion but it's already too much.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh and yeah Nya, I keep on saying, asking to Snow or me (just one of us), you would have something from the French scene who would have accepted to judge, it's just that you didn't really try to improve the system

Just my op though...

Return to “AMV Contests”