Zenkaikon 2011 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ReligionX
Org Profile

Re: Zenkaikon 2011 AMV Contest

Post by ReligionX » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 am

Shadow0101 wrote:thats wut i think but id prefer to have confirmation since its my first time sending stuff like this online. I mean teh codec i rendered with was mpeg-2 and the file extension ended up as mpg so im assuming thats the same thing o_o. Im still not sure but maybe i should go ahead and send it. I'll wait like 2 more days to see if the Admin for the contest gets to this question. if not i'll go ahead and send as is. other than this question im all set to enter o-o
Sorry about the delay. I believe that I just sent you an e-mail. If you render your file as .mpg or .mpeg, it should give the exact same result. As far as I can tell, they are the same thing, and you are only given one option or the other-- never both. Even if this is incorrect, the point is moot. I will be able to play your video.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

Shadow0101
Org Profile

Post by Shadow0101 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

cool beans. I'll send in the video shortly.
Shadow

fallz19
Org Profile

Post by fallz19 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:50 am

ReligionX wrote:
Shadow0101 wrote:thats wut i think but id prefer to have confirmation since its my first time sending stuff like this online. I mean teh codec i rendered with was mpeg-2 and the file extension ended up as mpg so im assuming thats the same thing o_o. Im still not sure but maybe i should go ahead and send it. I'll wait like 2 more days to see if the Admin for the contest gets to this question. if not i'll go ahead and send as is. other than this question im all set to enter o-o
Sorry about the delay. I believe that I just sent you an e-mail. If you render your file as .mpg or .mpeg, it should give the exact same result. As far as I can tell, they are the same thing, and you are only given one option or the other-- never both. Even if this is incorrect, the point is moot. I will be able to play your video.
I'm almost done with my entry for the contest....and I would like to ask where or to whom will I give the link of my uploaded vid?? I'm planning to upload it here in the org....so once it is uploaded here, where do I provide the link?? should I just post the link here? and you'll be the one to DL it?? or maybe a PM??

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am

fallz19 wrote:I'm almost done with my entry for the contest....and I would like to ask where or to whom will I give the link of my uploaded vid?? I'm planning to upload it here in the org....so once it is uploaded here, where do I provide the link?? should I just post the link here? and you'll be the one to DL it?? or maybe a PM??
Please read the rules.
http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

fallz19
Org Profile

Post by fallz19 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 am

ReligionX wrote:
fallz19 wrote:I'm almost done with my entry for the contest....and I would like to ask where or to whom will I give the link of my uploaded vid?? I'm planning to upload it here in the org....so once it is uploaded here, where do I provide the link?? should I just post the link here? and you'll be the one to DL it?? or maybe a PM??
Please read the rules.
http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php
I've sent an e-mail with my video link and everything in it....waiting for confirmation. :roll:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm

[Update]December 12, 2010:
You are allowed to submit non-final drafts of your AMV to Zenkaikon prior to the deadline, and re-submit your videos by the deadline after making corrections. If you have any questions regarding the quality, content, or any other aspect of your video, please let me know as soon as possible. If you would like any last minute advice for your AMVs, please submit your AMVs no later than December 26th. If you are going to request an FTP login for upload, please have your request in by December 26th. Logins are limited, so please upload your AMV as soon as you can.

All submissions received through December 27th - January 1st will be accepted as is, and will NOT be screened prior to the pre-screening. A notification e-mail may or may not be sent of the receipt of your AMV during this time.

If you are asked to make corrections, this is not a mandatory requirement, only a suggestion. Please keep in mind that videos are going to be pre-screened and rated on a 10 point scale, 5 points are technical, 5 points are subjective to the judge of, "is this video any good?" Videos considered too violent, sexually provocative, or contains strong language will be disqualified and not shown at any time during Zenkaikon.

Shadow0101
Org Profile

Post by Shadow0101 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:34 am

Alrite ive reedited the video. I'll be sending the d/l link your way so keep a lookout. Plz give confirmation once u have it again. This should hopefully be the last time i send it to you. lol.
Shadow

fallz19
Org Profile

Post by fallz19 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 am

to the moderators: I already gave the link of my vid through e-mail......but I haven't received any approval yet or any reply...so I would just like to inform you guys once again...and hopefully you'll send an approval message/reply..thanks!

Monitor Zombie
Org Profile

Post by Monitor Zombie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Is the 10 point scale just an in house judgement system to figure out the finalists or does it have bearing on the final winner as well? Will we be notified of our ?/10 score and/or if we made the cut before the con?

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:11 pm

This is your 2 weeks to the deadline notice.
fallz19 wrote:to the moderators: I already gave the link of my vid through e-mail......but I haven't received any approval yet or any reply...so I would just like to inform you guys once again...and hopefully you'll send an approval message/reply..thanks!
If your editor name is fallzz, and your e-mail address starts with st and ends in yahoo.com, and your video is uploaded to http://www.animemusicvideos.org, I sent you an e-mail using the e-mail you sent, and sent in your video information, on December 12, 2010. My e-mail address is ReligionX@animemusicvideos.org.
Monitor Zombie wrote:Is the 10 point scale just an in house judgement system to figure out the finalists or does it have bearing on the final winner as well? Will we be notified of our ?/10 score and/or if we made the cut before the con?
The 10 point scale is just for the pre-screening, to determine which videos make it into the AMV Contest. The winners of the AMV Contest are chosen by con-goers only. At the convention, each person is given a ballot, and may select their favorite video in each genre. While we love our con-goers very much, we wouldn't want them to have to look for technical issues and give point deductions to videos. If a person selects 2+ videos in 1 genre, we don't count their vote for that genre.

The persons participating in the AMV Contest and / or General Screening will have their editor names posted, in a list, on this forum and the zenkaikon.com forum. If you want to know your score(s) from the pre-screening, you may e-mail me after the pre-screening.

Return to “AMV Contests”