Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Reoer
Org Profile

Re: Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Post by Reoer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 am

I thought Expo was way better than Pro this year.

I really enjoyed the Beck video, the Left 2 Die video surprised me by being good after I was dreading the initial Left 4 Dead references, and Real Soviet Damage came out of nowhere with a great mix of something amusing I've never seen/heard of and music that fit whatever it was perfectly.

I didn't get what was so interesting about No Handlebars to get the grand prize. It wasn't as bizarre as those entries usually are and it wasn't that technically impressive either.
zeiram_00 wrote: on a side note, what happened to the editor reserved seating?
Nothing, it was announced at the beginning and plenty were available. Even when Pro was going there were still empty seats in the front rows...
Last edited by Reoer on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 am

Aye Real Soviet damage surprised me to no end. I love the track, gotta look up the band and the source was awesome in its strangeness. Have to look that up as well. It was probably my fav of the videos I hadn't seen.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 am

Were there good videos during the "night" show ? If I understood well the rules, some videos have been screened only at night (with mature content). Is that right ?

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 am

AWA was awesome again, and a lot of stuff that was sent in this year was stellar. We miss you guys that couldn't come over - especially the Jersey/Philly contingent that couldn't come: Mike/Meri, Jeff/Joy, Alan/Bryce/Jefferson, among others, were missed again this year.

I did notice lots of videos that have made the rounds elsewhere aren't being sent to AWA! I had a couple requests (from those that *did* come) to show "Darkest of Places" but Kosmit didn't sent it to us, nor someone on his behalf. I noticed other videos that have done nicely at other conventions' contests aren't being sent to AWA. I myself wanted to show "Shounen Innuendo" and "Fallen Souls" and others, but they were never sent to AWA. I'd love to see some more of this stuff added to AWA's archive, so please send them AWA's way when the time comes again next year.

Oh, and Scintilla's new video got bit by the DVD malfunction bug at the awards ceremony, but when it was worked out, there was this huge cheer, and an awesome reaction after the video ended. :) Lots of people wanted to see it again at Iron Editor and the Sunday request block.

I can't wait to do this again next year. Nicely done, everyone!
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Ileia wrote:And we didn't even do it effectively. Todd and Kit got nothing in Pro!
I don't know what you're talking about. I have 8 of this year's Pro awards! :twisted:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Dr. Faux Pas wrote:Best Techno was a Rosario Vampire video with a song called "Out of Control"
That'd be Kain's video.
ImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:06 pm

hey guys, is there an amv showing at AWA that isn't a contest of any sort? i ask because someone commented that they saw "I Love the Anime World" there, but i didn't enter it :uhoh:

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Rider4Z wrote:hey guys, is there an amv showing at AWA that isn't a contest of any sort? i ask because someone commented that they saw "I Love the Anime World" there, but i didn't enter it :uhoh:

if it's anything like acen that has videos playing all day they generally have filler blocks. It might have also been played at Iron Editor.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Rider4Z wrote:hey guys, is there an amv showing at AWA that isn't a contest of any sort? i ask because someone commented that they saw "I Love the Anime World" there, but i didn't enter it :uhoh:
I'm pretty sure Vlad showed it during his Comedy Hour on Sunday.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:17 pm

There's amv showings going on all day :P

Return to “AMV Contests”