Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm

zeiram_00 wrote:CDVV:
sorry, i refuse to believe that with so many editors and videos in the AMV community that this group of editors is able to consistantly and fairly win the number of awards they do (at least at AWA, 'cause i haven't really run into them much at the other contests i keep up with). Also, it's not really just the CDVV people as much as the Illinois area editors i kinda lump together as being the same group and just use CDVV as my general naming for that whole group. And its not that i have a personal grudge with any of the people, if you've read my reviews you'll see that i actually enjoyed/liked some of their videos, just don't like the preferential treatment their vids seem to get because they're "big name / famous" editors.
Ironically, a lot of the CDVVers enjoyed your video. I know FC and I both nominated it for Best Overall, so our rigging abilities must be pretty sub-par. In other words, we eagled the ballot stuffing.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:14 pm

RottenJesus wrote:I don't want to get on anyones sides here when the shitstorm goes on, just something that caught my eye:
zeiram_00 wrote: @Kham
wow, you really can't handle criticism at all can you?
You weren't criticizing him, you were just saying "-fk fk fk fk fk fuck you Appletree and your creator!". That's just flaming, and you shouldn't be surprised when Kham's flaming back on this. I would do that too. But if you have problems with each other, PMs or chat would be better than here.
Comments like that are criticisms to the entitlement generation. But you know comments like Zeiram's are also like Justin Beiber's dick. They get bigger every time an asshole touches them.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 pm

zeiram_00 wrote:CDVV:
@Kham
wow, you really can't handle criticism at all can you? And i'm tired of everybody giving this "i worked really hard on blahblahblah" oh yeah, big whoop. i worked really hard at taking a giant shit that clogged the toilet, do you see me demanding praise on my huge feces log just because i worked my ass off for it? NO, because a piece of shit is still a piece of shit no matter how much work goes into it. And if you wanna try the "my editing skills are so awesome you can't handle it" excuse, lets pause to take a look at your video shall we.
-9min of techno music = techno is extremely repetitive and 9min worth is torturous if not on some form of narcotic
-large collection of current popular HD movie trailers = congratulations on spending that much time in front of your computer for satisfying nerds hunger for pretty images of things they're already fanboys for
-plot, story, meaning = ??? was there one? and its suppose to be a sequel? just because you hard cut to every other beat to scenes with movement in them doesnt mean there is anything of substance to it. and there were definitely no themes present unless you consider a theme of having similar looking scenes grouped together in small chunks with no relevance to anything else in the video.

and to touch on the point brought up by requiett, it is truly sad that the amv community is headed down the road of applauding videos with no substance and just mindless 'flashy' effects or heavy movement. if things keep up like this given a couple years amv's may be reduced to nothing more than trippy screensavers set to music.
Oh boy. Where do I begin wiping that vagina of yours.
1. its not techno idiot, its glitch hop. This only shows how shattered your intelligence is in identifying different genres of music.
2. Trailers were picked because of the limited footage. I could have easily used all of those movies to their fullest. Its more of a challenge to use only 30s to 1min or so of footage. Not to mention they are public domain which gives me an OK to post on video sharing sites other than this.
3. Stated MANY times is the fact there is no story or plot or meaning. Im sorry that wind didnt catch your sail.
4. There was no criticism, there was just some loser sayin fuck you to me over and over again. Classy.
5. If you think my editing skills suck and yours are so much better, how come you didnt win a goddamn thing kid?

What it all comes down to, is that you are some negative nancy with butthurt conspiracies about how these events are "rigged" If they all voted for me and happen to be in the same studio, who gives a fucking shit. Stop being a whiny ass pussy and concentrate on making better videos.

This is a results thread, not a vehicle for you to cry about not getting your dues. So either congratulate the people that won and move on, or shut up man.

I feel sorry for you that you have to brandish your negativity all over people who obviously deserved to win.

And as a final note, Ill take the pepsi challenge with you editing ANY day pussy. Plot or no plot. Its easy for you to pick apart a video I made that doesnt mean anything. I gives a fuck how long youve been on the org or editing. For you to say or even imply that I cant edit something WITH meaning or structure is pretty ignorant on your part. You just wanna flame people to see what kinda of attention you will get since your editing skill isnt bringing any in.

I am not mad in the least. I just type very vulgar and it gives a false positive hint that I'm angry. Im actually smiling when im writing this. Cause when its all said and done, I still won. LOL In fact, EVERY time i enter something to AWA I win. Wow that really must mean I suck huh. Since 2005, all my submissions have won something. So you are basically saying EVERYONE who has ever liked my videos are full of shit and you are just the epitome of style and structure when it comes to video compilations.

Get fuckin real. Keep the thread on topic chomo.

JOEY CONGRATS ON BEST DRAMA BRAH
Ileia, CONGRATS as usual you always clean up at AWA.
And everyone else, your videos kicked ass and I dont see how some of you didnt win. Shitloads of talent out there but i guess its hard for them to pick. I was told that the competition wasnt that hot this year, giving more headway for my video. But after seeing some of them that Godix showed me, there are alot of good ones that should have made the winning roster.

All I can say is KEEP CUTTING. We all just need to keep cutting and we will get there! :) I'm not a "popular" editor as far as the org goes, so its a big honor for me that my videos are liked by the attendees as well as the judges equally. Well...some of them. LOL

Peace

___K808

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Khameleon808 wrote: And as a final note, Ill take the pepsi challenge with you editing ANY day pussy. Plot or no plot. Its easy for you to pick apart a video I made that doesnt mean anything. I gives a fuck how long youve been on the org or editing. For you to say or even imply that I cant edit something WITH meaning or structure is pretty ignorant on your part. You just wanna flame people to see what kinda of attention you will get since your editing skill isnt bringing any in.
I smell a future Iron Editor Competition....

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Khameleon808 wrote: In fact, EVERY time i enter something to AWA I win. Wow that really must mean I suck huh. Since 2005, all my submissions have won something. So you are basically saying EVERYONE who has ever liked my videos are full of shit and you are just the epitome of style and structure when it comes to video compilations.
I'm close to the same record. There were a couple I didn't enter at all, and one where my entries didn't win anything (and I admit it was a terrible amv) but I've won something every other time I've entered :D SO I guess that means that people show me a lot of favortism too. Thanks all I didn't know you like me that much :D That or it's all the subliminal messages I've been pumping into them. It could also be the fact I live in northwest indiana and there's enough RDS and CDVV to rub off onto me.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 pm

zeiram_00 wrote:it is truly sad that the amv community is headed down the road of applauding videos with no substance and just mindless 'flashy' effects or heavy movement. if things keep up like this given a couple years amv's may be reduced to nothing more than trippy screensavers set to music.
So rather than attempt to make quality material yourself, you're going to point the finger at the viewers? That's such a corporate BS mode of thought. And stop being so pretentious about a niche hobby. These are AMVs, not a Martin Scorsese film. Personally, I wouldn't mind a trippy screensaver. Because if you know any AMVs that are ACTUALLY trippy, I'd like to see one.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:43 pm

zeiram_00 wrote: and to touch on the point brought up by requiett, it is truly sad that the amv community is headed down the road of applauding videos with no substance and just mindless 'flashy' effects or heavy movement. if things keep up like this given a couple years amv's may be reduced to nothing more than trippy screensavers set to music.
Kham likes glitch hop and live action movies.
You like godzilla and limp biskit.

Get real dog :roll:

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 pm

requiett wrote:
zeiram_00 wrote:it is truly sad that the amv community is headed down the road of applauding videos with no substance and just mindless 'flashy' effects or heavy movement. if things keep up like this given a couple years amv's may be reduced to nothing more than trippy screensavers set to music.
So rather than attempt to make quality material yourself, you're going to point the finger at the viewers? That's such a corporate BS mode of thought. And stop being so pretentious about a niche hobby. These are AMVs, not a Martin Scorsese film. Personally, I wouldn't mind a trippy screensaver. Because if you know any AMVs that are ACTUALLY trippy, I'd like to see one.
The flashy video comment is really the results of a person who's grasping at straws. This comment has been thrown out there for over a decade now. I remember as far back as 2003 someone saying the same exact shit about Koop's euphoria amv and how it was going to set a trend.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, a bad amv with lots of flash is still a bad amv. I've seen plenty that go the whole flashy route and fall on their face because they sucked.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm

(ignoring the rage fap)
Kosmit wrote:I'll keep this in mind for next year. I wish I could attend - AWA seems an awesome con for AMV makers. Atlanta is so damn far though, I'd have to spend around 1000$ on plane tickets only. Getting a visa for a Pole is another story... :/
DO like the rest of us do for other cons, rob a bank.
I feel your pain though, ACEN flight cost us over $600, then another 100+ for tickets. Still-- DEWEET!! Kev and Fred need to come again too, AWA is not complete without copious amounts euro-representation.

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Okay, in an attempt to derail some of the feeces flinging, the complete and unabridged winner's list. I was under the assumption Jingoro wanted to post it himself but we've delayed enough as is:

Expo Awards

Best Gratuitous Violence (Not shown for content)
Studio: Drew Brisco
Video Title: The Violence of Channel X
Audio Source: Rob Zombie "What Lurks on Channel X?"
Video Source: Various

Best Product Placement (sorry again about the DVD glitches...grrr)
Studio: Aquiline Studios (Scintilla)
Video Title: And Now, a Word From Our Sponsors
Audio Source: DJ Ötzi "Burger Dance (International Remix)"
Video Source: Code Geass, various

Best Upbeat
Studio: Janet Lookabaugh
Video Title: Tomo's Gonna STAAAAAND Out!
Audio Source: Tevin Campbell "Stand Out"
Video Source: Azumanga Daioh

Best Nostalgia
Studio: Matthias Kramer
Video Title: Living on the C-List
Audio Source: Frank Turner "I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous"
Video Source: BECK

Best Horror
Studio: Bloody Wheels Production
Video Title: Lonely Tokyo
Audio Source: The Beatles "Eleanor Rigby"
Video Source: Paranoia Agent

Best Technical
Studio: Corsair
Video Title: Left 2 Die
Audio Source: Felix Da Housecat "Silver Screen"
Video Source: High School Of The Dead

Best Character Profile
Studio: Honou Productions
Video Title: The Outer Sky
Audio Source: John Rubinstein "Corner of the Sky"
Video Source: Wings of Honneamise

Best Various
Studio: CornDog VidVids (Jonathan Nelson), Ileia
Video Title: Blame It On The Anime
Audio Source: DJ Earworm "United State of Pop 2009: Blame It On The Pop"

Best Instrumental
Studio: jubjub2
Video Title: Stupid Couple
Audio Source: Rossini "Barber of Seville - Overture"
Video Source: Lovely Complex

Best Dance
Studio: 360 Degrees Fluorescent
Video Title: Cyrillic Redux
Audio Source: МакSим "Пам-парам"
Video Source: Porco Rosso

Best Comedy
Studio: Aquiline Studios (Cyanna)
Video Title: Nausea in D Major
Audio Source: "Weird Al" Yankovic "I'm So Sick Of You"
Video Source: Nodame Cantabile, Nodame Cantabile: Paris, Nodame Cantabile: Finale

Best Trailer
Studio: Re-Evolution Studio
Video Title: Inception Innocence
Audio Source: Inception trailer audio
Video Source: Ghost In the Shell Innocence, Inception Trailer, Ghost In the Shell Solid State Society

Best Fight
Studio: CornDog VidVids (Todd Serge)
Video Title: Real Soviet Damage
Audio Source: Streetlight Manifesto "Would You Be Impressed?"
Video Source: Usavich

Best Techno
Studio: AuN Studios (KainxSpirits)
Video Title: Out of Control
Audio Source: She "Atomic"
Video Source: Rosario+Vampire

Best Romance
Studio: CornDog VidVids (Miles Klub)
Video Title: Creative Black Space
Audio Source: Ted and the Gooch "I Like You"
Video Source: Bakemonogatari

Best Tribute
Studio: Solomon Smith
Video Title: Children of Daicon
Audio Source: Electric Light Orchestra "Prologue ", Electric Light Orchestra "Twilight"

Best Drama
Studio: D-Z Studios (Arashinome)
Video Title: Cloudy With A Chance
Audio Source: Unified Theory "Not Dead"
Video Source: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

Pop Will Eat Itself
Studio: CornDog VidVids (Ileia)
Video Title: RAH HEY! (Do you know the anime?)
Audio Source: Green Day "Know Your Enemy"

Best Artistic Endeavour
Studio: Chris Studer
Video Title: Just Pictures
Audio Source: Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick"

Grand Prize
Studio: Chaotic Bad Raptor (AMV4000)
Video Title: With No Handlebars
Audio Source: The Flobots "Handlebars"
Video Source: FLCL

Pro Awards

Best Upbeat
Video Title: The Clap
Audio Source: Infant Sorrow "The Clap"

Best What the Heck?
Studio: Copycat_Revolver
Video Title: The Dubious Pit
Audio Source: Ok Go "WTF?"
Video Source: Cencoroll

Best Action
Studio: Studio Hybrid
Video Title: Building Steam
Audio Source: Abney Park "Building Steam"
Video Source: Steamboy

Best Story Telling
Studio: Studio Hybrid
Video Title: Building Steam
Audio Source: Abney Park "Building Steam"
Video Source: Steamboy

Best Artistic Endeavour
Studio: Brad
Video Title: Artifice
Audio Source: Mars Argo "The Singularity Is Near (Instrumental)"
Video Source: Original Animation

Most Original
Studio: Brad
Video Title: Artifice
Audio Source: Mars Argo "The Singularity Is Near (Instrumental)"
Video Source: Original Animation

Best Non-Anime
Studio: Copycat_Revolver
Video Title: None of the Above
Audio Source: Franz Ferdinand "The Fallen"
Video Source: Stella

Best Drama
Video Title: Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow
Audio Source: Queen "Who Wants To Live Forever?"
Video Source: Cat Shit One

Best Use of Effects
Studio: Reo
Video Title: Basquashers Forever!
Audio Source: DJ Lobsterdust (RHCP vs Ting Tings) "Shut Up Now"
Video Source: Basquash!

Best Romance
Studio: Moonlight Firefly Productions
Video Title: Beaten Down
Audio Source: The Safetysuit "Annie"
Video Source: Kimi ni Todoke

Best Horror
Studio: CrackTheSky
Video Title: Dollhouse
Audio Source: Radiohead "Climbing Up The Walls"
Video Source: Coraline

Best Comedy
Studio: Moonlight Firefly Productions
Video Title: The Friend Request
Audio Source: Kate Miller-Heidke "Are You F*cking Kidding Me?"
Video Source: Evangelion: 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance

Best Overall
Studio: Random Destination Studios (Khameleon808)
Video Title: The Apple Tree
Audio Source: The Glitch Mob "Tv on the Radio - Red Dress", The Glitch Mob "Evil Nine - All the Cash (Instrumental)", The Glitch Mob "Nalepa - Monday "

(Cut for time or content)

The Alfred Lee Loomis Award For A Good Night's Sleep
Studio: CornDog VidVids (Miles Klub)
Video Title: Shutting Up With Hinako
Audio Source: Sin with Sebastian "Shut Up And Sleep With Me"
Video Source: Sleeping With Hinako

Best Adult (Not shown for content)
Studio: Sailor Death Productions
Video Title: Guro Soup
Audio Source: Various

To anyone who was unavailable to pickup their award or get someone to pick it up for them you can contact Jingoro at videoart@awa-con.com to find out how he's handling that.

Return to “AMV Contests”