Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest: Winners!!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest [1 week left!]

Postby Alek93j » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Preferred format - MPEG2. The Across contest will be designed to run off a DVD player, so the preferred format for video submissions this year will be MPEG2. Please use the following profile:
MPEG-2 Profile:
Resolution: 720 x 480, hard-letterboxed if using widescreen footage
Framerate: 29.97fps
Audio: MP2 at 48khz, stereo audio only, 224 kbps or higher, no variable audio bit rates
Video: 8000 kbit/s max, progressive

OMG
Alek93j

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest [1 week left!]

Postby Fay-Sa » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Mamo! wrote:Sounds good :o

=)

JaddziaDax wrote:<3 <3 <3 <3

:awesome:

Alek93j wrote:
Preferred format - MPEG2. The Across contest will be designed to run off a DVD player, so the preferred format for video submissions this year will be MPEG2. Please use the following profile:
MPEG-2 Profile:
Resolution: 720 x 480, hard-letterboxed if using widescreen footage
Framerate: 29.97fps
Audio: MP2 at 48khz, stereo audio only, 224 kbps or higher, no variable audio bit rates
Video: 8000 kbit/s max, progressive

OMG

?
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest [Deadline 11:59 pm 9/5/10]

Postby Alek93j » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Most of dvd players support the 23.976 - 24 - 25 framerate, so, convert videos at 23.976 - 24 - 25 framerate to 29.970 framerate (and I think that today they are supported by all dvd players) cause jerky and asynchronism. in fact, the telecide of the ntsc dvds, cause jerky and asynchronism of the lip synch ect. it's just my opinion
Alek93j

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest [Deadline 11:59 pm 9/5/10]

Postby Fay-Sa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:43 am

Alek93j wrote:Most of dvd players support the 23.976 - 24 - 25 framerate, so, convert videos at 23.976 - 24 - 25 framerate to 29.970 framerate (and I think that today they are supported by all dvd players) cause jerky and asynchronism. in fact, the telecide of the ntsc dvds, cause jerky and asynchronism of the lip synch ect. it's just my opinion

Ah I see, sorry to say but that was what I was told work best with what equipment we're using at the con itself, this isn't the 1st time I've made a DVD for this con, nor the 1st DVD to showcase AMVs, and it played the video perfectly, with no jerky and/or asynchronism that you speak of. I even have proof of that if you feel the need to see it.

While I'll understand that this your opinion and have all rights to it but, unless you plan to enter I suggest you keep them to yourself in this forum. This may be the first contest I'm running however I'm not going in blind. I've done my research and gotten advice from a fellow coordinators. I have also been running test after test with my software for the best results just in case, once again none of the issues you mention came up. So please do not insult me with 'OMG' on how I want things done.

And to everyone else, thank you and keep those vids coming, however I currently have limited internet till Sunday afternoon but I assure you that I'll try my hardest to reply to any questions/entries before then.
Fay-Sa

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest: Finalist!!

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:04 am

yay finals!
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Re: Anime Crossroads 2010 AMV Contest: Winners!!

Postby Fay-Sa » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Before I list the winners I want to thank everyone who entered this contest. This was the first time I did something like this and it means a lot that we had this many entries. Also the contest went extremely well, better then I thought it would go so I want to thank those who attended and I'm happy you guys had such a good time. I also want to thank the tech guys such as TJ, Richard, and the rest of the Tech team who I can't remember names for because I'm really bad at remember them for helping with get this to play for everyone and with dealing with me. With that said here are the winners for the 1st Anime Crossroads AMV contest. Oh and there are some surprise awards that I didn't mention before.

Staff's Choice:
# 6
Editor: Brad DeMoss
Title: Springtime
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
Song: Springtime for Hitler
Artist: Mel Brooks

Staff's Choice Runner-up
# 9

Fan's Choice
# 11

Fan's Choice runner-up & Director's Choice
# 5
Editor: Aimo Aio
Title: Immerse
Anime: Durarara!!
Song: Witchcraft
Artist: Pendulum

"Who the hell is buma?" award
# 7

Congrats to all the winners! You awards will be sent asap. There are also a audiences reaction video for each entry and if you like to have it please send me a message and I'll send you the video asap
Fay-Sa

Postby Amo-Chan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 am

Woot! I had so much fun being there! So many "Awwwwwws" when Double Dutch played XD.
Amo-Chan

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am

YAY! and congrats to the other winners XD
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby AimoAio » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Awesome! :up: Congrats to the other winners! ^^
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Previous

Return to AMV Contests