Project NeoEditor [Results - Aug 11, 2010 01:00 AM CST]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
-Reda-
Org Profile

Re: Project NeoEditor [Full - Starts June 24]

Post by -Reda- » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Tomorrow...you. All of you.
inb4 I lose in the first round.
*sips tea*

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 pm

-Reda- wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.aquateencentral.com/epguide/ ... nana26.jpg
Tomorrow...you. All of you.
inb4 I lose in the first round.
:aimkissyface:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

The round theme will be shot out tonight at around midnight for anybody that may want to get a head start.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Code wrote: 12) YOUR VIDEOS ARE TO BE UPLOADED TO SENDSPACE OR MEGAUPLOAD ONLY. They are to be sent to my pm box and my pm box alone. I will send the completed videos to the judges as they come in.
is it ok if we upload to a server if it's available to us? For instance, I know that Arashinome, Reda, Me, and Silk have FTP accounts on the DZ Studios server and it's just a habit for me to upload there.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm

LittleAtari wrote:
Code wrote: 12) YOUR VIDEOS ARE TO BE UPLOADED TO SENDSPACE OR MEGAUPLOAD ONLY. They are to be sent to my pm box and my pm box alone. I will send the completed videos to the judges as they come in.
is it ok if we upload to a server if it's available to us? For instance, I know that Arashinome, Reda, Me, and Silk have FTP accounts on the DZ Studios server and it's just a habit for me to upload there.
Oh, yeah, that's fine. XD That rule was mostly for FileFront and Yousendit, which my office blocks and my home server doesn't download fast on.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Ok, everybody should be updated correctly. :up:

T minus 3 hours before Round 1 Begins. :D

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Fuck... I wanted to go to sleep and now...

NOT.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 pm

:bzz: :bzz: :bzz: Project NeoEditor : Round 1 :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2:

EDIT: I've also added a "quicklinks" button to the first page for important information.

:bzz: Premise: :bzz2:

Winnie the Pooh is one of children literature's most classic works. A lovable bear going on daily adventures with his wide spectrum of emotionally-problematic riddled friends. I grew up reading the books, watching the television series, and hearing constant stories regarding Winnie the Pooh. But what made it so compelling to read and made parents around the world love it? It was the story, and the moral behind it. A fun adventure to pull in children's attention, and a teachable moral behind it that made it lovable for the parents.

:bzz: Premise Meaning: :bzz2:

One of the basic tenants of being a good editor is the ability to tell a story. Irregardless of what genre you work with, the story is key to the development and stability of editing and which holds everything together. Therefore, it's important to be able to successfully tell a story!

:bzz: The Round: :bzz2:

Storytelling is important, but because this is Project Neoeditor, it's important to maintain a certain degree of challenge, as well as foster new creativity and new conceptuality. Therefore, here is your challenge!

"Create an AMV that not only tells a compelling and interesting story, but which also has a "moral" behind it. You may tell any story and any moral that you wish to do, and it does NOT have to stay in the realm of kid-friendly. You will be judged on how well you tell your story and how well the moral of your story is received.

Judging Critery for "Execution of Theme"
25 points for Execution of Storytelling
25 points for "Recognizability" of Moral

:bzz: Special Round-Related Instructions :bzz2:

1) When submitting your AMV, please be sure and have your filename be your "moral of the story". Try and keep it under 15 words if at all possible. This will allow for "easier" judging, and an possibly help get your concept across, and keep the judge's brains from melting in attempt to read your "moral".
2) Send your videos to my pm box. Do NOT post them here.
3) Do not release your videos to anyone outside of the competition [not including the judges]. This is to verify that 4/5 of our judges are judging purely blind. You may release your videos to the org or youtube or wherever AFTER your videos have been judged and the round results are posted.
4) Ends June 27 @ 11:59 CST. NO EXCUSES EXCEPTIONS

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Fuck.

That is all.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Code wrote: 1) When submitting your AMV, please be sure and have your filename be your "moral of the story". Try and keep it under 15 words if at all possible. This will allow for "easier" judging, and an possibly help get your concept across
*sips tea*

Return to “AMV Contests”