Project NeoEditor [Results - Aug 11, 2010 01:00 AM CST]

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Project NeoEditor [Results - Aug 11, 2010 01:00 AM CST]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:40 pm

*Hosted By Invictus Studios*

I thought I would start sign ups on the 20th, but I decided that 4 days wasn't enough to get all the sign ups, so I'm starting this just a tad earlier for anybody that was involved in the early planning with me. :wink:

Quicklinks:
Round 1
EXTREME Deadline Extension Request
Round 2 Secret Hint
Round 1 Videos
Coordinator's Choice Awards
mirkoSP's Awards of Excellence
NS's Awards of Excellence
Chez's Choice Award
Round 1 Official Standings
Round 2
Contact for 6/1/10
Round 2 Results
Round 3
Round 4
Round 3 Awards of Excellence [NS] [Code/Chez] [Judgeholden]
Round 4 Results + Chez's Choice Awards + NS Awards of Excellence
Round 5
Round 5 Results & Awards

______________

:bzz: What is Project Editor? :bzz2:

Project editor is a “reality based” editing competition, an iron chef that causes editors to think outside the box and to create new concepts and new AMV’s than what they would not usually edit. Editors have around 2-4 days for editing, and will edit according to the round’s “theme”.

The winner of project editor doesn’t win much. Most likely they will win a custom banner declaring them that year’s “winner”.

____________________

:bzz: Round Info :bzz2:

Round 1: 15 [Starts June 24, Ends June 27]
Round 2: 12 [Starts June 29, Ends July 2]
Round 3: 10[Starts July 5, Ends July 10]]
Round 4: 7 [Starts July 13, Ends July 19]
Round 5: 5 [Starts July 22, Ends July 27]
Round 6: 3 [Starts July 30, Ends August 7]
Round 7: ??????????????????????????????


Round “Hints”
Round 1 – Winnie The Pooh - Winner: Ileia
Round 2 – |:> [???] - Winner: Ileia
Round 3 – Smiles and Tears [???] Winner: Ileia
Round 4 – Never Gonna... [???] Winner: LantisEscudo
Round 5 – Death Notes [???] Winner: Ileia
Round 6 - Know Thy Enemy [???]
Round 7 - Well Shit. ?o??s L??e Ev??yb??y G??s ?o M??e a V??eo ??out S?h??l! [It's a mystery....]
_____________

:bzz: Rules :bzz2:

1) Deadlines are final. No extensions will be given for whatever reason. Deadlines are posted above. You have until 11:59 CST PM on those dates to turn in your work.
2) Judging Will Take Exactly 2 Days. This will be your only break in between competitions.
3) Losers of each round will be decided by their scores. Lowest scores will be out.
4) You will only be allowed 7 sources, and you must select these sources BEFORE the competition begins. Once you use a source, you will be unable to use the same source again in the next round, but may use it again thereafter. Multi-sources are allowed to be edited with, but you must stick with your base 7 sources.
5) You are free to use any audio source.
6) You are free to use any video source.
7) You are free to use as much gore or over-excessive violence as you desire.
8) You are free to make your AMV’s as long or as short as you desire.
9) You are free to encode in any format that you desire. [But remember that visual quality is a judging factor]
10) There are no compilations of the project, but I urge you to upload your videos to the org and/or Youtube.
11) If judges fail to score by the second day, their scores will be disregarded and not taken into account. This is to assure we stay on schedule.
12) YOUR VIDEOS ARE TO BE UPLOADED TO SENDSPACE, A PERSONAL SERVER OR MEGAUPLOAD ONLY. They are to be sent to my pm box and my pm box alone. I will send the completed videos to the judges as they come in.
13) EXTREME Deadline Extension Request

____________________

:bzz: Judging Criteria [Out of 100 Points] :bzz2:

1) Creativity : 20 Points
2) Visual/Audio Quality : 5 Points
3) Sync: 20 Points
4) Execution of Round’s Theme : 50 Points
5) Judge’s Reaction : 5 Points

__________________________

:bzz: Sign Up List / Member List :bzz2:


List -
gotegenks [Eliminated, Round 3]
TwilightChrono [DQ'ed, no video Round 1]
HazeFM ][DQ'ed, no video, Round 3]
Enigma [Eliminated, Round 3]
LittleAtari [Dropped, Round 2]
Reda [Dropped, Round 2]
Nya-Chan Production [Eliminated, Round 4]
Inan [DQ'ed, no video, Round 1]
Angelyco [Dropped, Round 5]
Arashinome [DQ'ed, no video, Round 4]
Kitsuner [Eliminated, Round 5]
MCHY
LantisEscudo
ShatteredFlame [Eliminated, Round 1]
Ileia


____________________

:bzz: Judges :bzz2:

Current Judges:
Code
Sanchez
MirkoSP
Judgeholden
NS
Last edited by CodeZTM on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 103 times in total.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Code wrote:Once you use a source, you will be unable to use the same source again in the next round, but may use it again thereafter. Multi-sources are allowed to be edited with, but you must stick with your base 7 sources.

Does this mean we can use up to 6 sources per round, or are sources in a various video valid choices for the following section?

Similarly, how is source defined for this competition? Would "Cowboy Bebop" include both the entire series plus the movie, for example?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Code wrote:Once you use a source, you will be unable to use the same source again in the next round, but may use it again thereafter. Multi-sources are allowed to be edited with, but you must stick with your base 7 sources.

Does this mean we can use up to 6 sources per round, or are sources in a various video valid choices for the following section?

Similarly, how is source defined for this competition? Would "Cowboy Bebop" include both the entire series plus the movie, for example?


Yes, sourcfesina various video can be valid choices for the following section.

Pokemon is considered all the movies and series, I think that might answer the question.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Enigma » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:50 pm

YES
User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: California
Status: Free

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Orestes » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Code wrote:*Hosted By Invictus Studios*


Obviously I'm down. :aimkissyface:

Edit:
INB4 rage, drops, and etc...whatever led to the downfall of the previous one. :uhoh: j/k Code <3
I hope this one lives though, seriously.
Image
Image
User avatar
Orestes
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Status: Kill the King

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:18 pm

No compliations and no tolerance on missed deadlines should alliviate the main issues of the previous one. :D
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Ileia » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Hmm.....maaaaybeeeee. It'd be a yes if this wasn't like...in the middle of editing for AWA Pro. The idea is kinda coo and to be honest, I thought the previous was just some sort of MEP or something, so it'd be neat to try, but I gots priorities....
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Code wrote:Pokemon is considered all the movies and series, I think that might answer the question.

Hah, way to pick out exactly what I was really asking about.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby gotegenks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm

..."hosted by invictus-studios"
nobody tells me anything... :(

count me in, sounds pretty cool, although how is it based on a reality show other than like themes? just the week to week basis or what?
be cool if we could get some skype interviews or something, but it'd be a big hassle...

or maybe someone could rent a loft for us all to go live for a few months :ying:
Last edited by gotegenks on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Well, I say it's hosted by Invitius, but I'm really just using my server space to upload all the videos for the judges and for everyone to view when the round is over. :O

And don't forget to write down your seven sources when you get them decided upon. ;)
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby gotegenks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Code wrote:Well, I say it's hosted by Invitius, but I'm really just using my server space to upload all the videos for the judges and for everyone to view when the round is over. :O

And don't forget to write down your seven sources when you get them decided upon. ;)

"any video source" can we use live action?
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Project NeoEditor [15 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

gotegenks wrote:
Code wrote:Well, I say it's hosted by Invitius, but I'm really just using my server space to upload all the videos for the judges and for everyone to view when the round is over. :O

And don't forget to write down your seven sources when you get them decided upon. ;)

"any video source" can we use live action?



Uh.. Since it's an "AMV" competition, I expect SOME anime to be in each round. However, things like the Death Note LIve Action Movie can be counted with death note's anime series as a source.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project NeoEditor [11 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby LittleAtari » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Sign me up =)
I have a lot of sources but still need to decide on which ones I want to use. I'll get you that list soon
User avatar
LittleAtari
 
Joined: 22 May 2005

Re: Project NeoEditor [11 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby Taite » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Spoiler :
Round 5 – Never Gonna...

...give you up.


haha, looking forward to seeing this go down. Interesting hints :nose:
Image Image
User avatar
Taite
 
Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Project NeoEditor [9 Slots Open - Starts June 24]

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Yeah, you can use *some* live action.

Thank you Reda. :up:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Next

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests