Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:That was AX2002 and it was probably a good thing you missed that year... it was the dreaded "Curse of Long Beach". :uhoh:

I was there in '07 though :|

In that case:

"The discs were stolen"

:|
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby XStylus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Castor Troy wrote:"The discs were stolen"

True quote. However, no they weren't.
Last edited by XStylus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
XStylus

Postby neko kitkat » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:52 pm

XStylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:"The discs were stolen"

No they weren't.

I was there in 2007, Long beach was the worse AX I have been too. I remember someone saying the discs were stolen, I don't recall if it was the announcer or just some people passing by. But I never heard of anything beyond that. I remember the contest being postponed and going to the showing the next day with my friends. Which brings up another event. I don't recall if this was masquerade or AX Idol or the amv contest But I remember one year there was a blackout of sorts and everyone started using their phones as light and started wave them back and forth XD.

The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though
neko kitkat

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm

neko kitkat wrote:The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though

The paper airplane was basically the tipping point of a very long night of standing and waiting.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Ha, 2007 was the first time one of my videos got into the contest and I was so disappointed with the stolen disks that I went back to the hotel and promptly passed [Which is coming from someone who stays up stupid late]. I still look at the whole thing fondly though, kinda funny to hear that after all this time.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby MaboroshiStudio » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:17 am

Pwolf wrote:
neko kitkat wrote:The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though

The paper airplane was basically the tipping point of a very long night of standing and waiting.

The previous year with the freezing room was the straw that broke my back after going to AX for a couple years... I am so glad I dodged that paper airplane lol
MaboroshiStudio

Postby Rider4Z » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 am

*EXASPERATED SIGH* I'm relieved to say the contest intro is finished and is Vlad and Troy approved!

this year's intro brings back some old school that all you fogies should appreciate :asd: I'd love to take credit for the original idea, but it was actually troy's...
Last edited by Rider4Z on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Pwolf wrote:

The previous year with the freezing room was the straw that broke my back after going to AX for a couple years... I am so glad I dodged that paper airplane lol

This reminds me of a dream I had one time where AX moved to Big Bear and everyone had to watch the AMV contest in the snow. The guy running the projector was frozen like an ice cube you see in cartoons. :uhoh: :sorcerer:
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby irriadin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 pm

XStylus wrote:I'll be sending to the finalists an email specifically stating which of their respective entries got in. Hopefully I'll have them sent by tomorrow.

I remember when this was a thing. I'm 95% sure which one of my entries made it, even so... Most conventions typically opt for the ticket to visit the Fianna rather than being dunked into the ethereal waters of overlay heaven.
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 am

Pwolf wrote:

I was there for the paper airplane episode in 2002... The problem was they waited way too long to tell anyone an when they did the audience was totally angry as they waited almost a hour and there was a standby line outside waiting too! That was the first time when I ever saw 3000 people almost ready to riot.. It was the last time I went to AX until 2009..

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:23 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Pwolf wrote:

Yes, and I remember in that same freezing room Kevin's Fangirls friends saying "Lets just give Kevin the prizes and go to bed" and a certain "Joe" Person saying "Yea, right!"... A priceless moment indeed!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby XStylus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:41 am

Massive email of massive massiveness sent. Ya'll should know how to get your tickets an' stuff now. :)
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
XStylus

Postby Tenshigami » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 am

XStylus wrote:Massive email of massive massiveness sent. Ya'll should know how to get your tickets an' stuff now. :)

Ok after checking the ticket roster, looks like my problem that was my own damn fault is solved - I only asked for one ticket because I thought none of my friends who hadn't entered wanted to go, then it turned out someone I thought wasn't coming to AX was indeed coming and on top of that she was upset I hadn't gotten a second ticket for her. D'oh! :(

But it turns out one of my friends that also entered will be getting enough tickets to cover my mistake, thank God. However that leads into a question I asked a few pages back that wasn't answered because it was my first post and got stuck in moderation: If my friend and I pick up our tickets at the same time, will the seats be all in one group? From one of your earlier comments it sounds like this would be the case unless someone shuffles the tickets on us.
Tenshigami

Postby MaboroshiStudio » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:29 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Yes, and I remember in that same freezing room Kevin's Fangirls friends saying "Lets just give Kevin the prizes and go to bed" and a certain "Joe" Person saying "Yea, right!"... A priceless moment indeed!

Vlad

The priceless moment for me was when they talked about the best technical video winner from the previous year... citing my Lain video which did not win the award... and watching Kevin hang his head
MaboroshiStudio

Postby machina21 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

I just wanted to know if there will be an award given for the best gif/jpeg in the contest thread? :ying:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
machina21

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests