Still Images With the Same Size as Clips Themselves (SV 9)

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Still Images With the Same Size as Clips Themselves (SV 9)

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Program: Sony Vegas 9.0 Professional

So I'm working on an AMV that involves a lot of lip synch, and I need to use screenshotted images of the clips (open mouth, closed mouth.) Now, when I capture an image from a clip, I screenshot it in Vegas using the, "Quality: Best (Auto)" option (with clips that are set at 16:9, with an unchecked box of, "maintain aspect ratio"), then I drag and drop it into the timeline. The problem is that when I render the AMV, the image seems to be a little more zoomed in then the clip itself.
I have tried unchecking the, 'Maintain aspect ratio' box and such, but nothing I have tried seems to fix it. What should I do with the images to make them the same size as the clips themselves? Help is greatly appreciated!
EkaCoralian

Re: Still Images With the Same Size as Clips Themselves (SV 9)

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Set it to Quality: Best(Full) , Then save the images.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Enigma wrote:Set it to Quality: Best(Full) , Then save the images.

I tried that now, and the image still was not sized properly (it still looked more zoomed in.)
EkaCoralian

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Did you save the image? Everytime i do that the image comes out as the original footage.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Enigma wrote:Did you save the image? Everytime i do that the image comes out as the original footage.

I tok a clip, screenshotted it at full Quality in Somy Vegas, took that screenshotted image, and drag and dropped it into the Vegas timeline. Now, when I run through the AMV itself (not rendering, just playing over), the clip and image are the same in size, and one does not looked more zoomed in than the other. It's when I render it that I get the zoom-in.

I know there is a way to fix this, because I was able to fix it back when I had Vegas 8 Pro. I just can't remember what it is I did last time.
EkaCoralian

Postby EkaCoralian » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Bumped to state that I was able to figure out the problem!
In my rendering menu, I had to check the box labeled, "Stretch video to fill output size." A bit of a dumb negligence to check it off in the first place on my part, so I'm sorry. ^^;;
Thanks for trying to help out, though. =)
EkaCoralian

Postby Begi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:24 pm

using the velocity envelope is easier in my opinion. screenshotting lowers quality (no matter what settings you're using) and it wastes memory (until you delete it).
Begi

Return to Video Editing Software