after effects help....

Overture
Org Profile

after effects help....

Post by Overture » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

its not a complicated(well, maybe not) problem. but something sooo small that its irritating the heck outta me and i cant figure out y!!!>:(

y isnt my "fast preview" working?????? it used to work until i installed ae on my new computer and now it doesnt work:( if i turned it off then idk how i did itO-o
fyi, fast preview is when you drag the timeline indicator thingy across your timeline and your comps video shows where the video is currently at WHILE you scrub.
for me, it doesnt show where my video is according to my timeline indicator while im scrubbing through the timeline, but only when i let go of the mouse does it update and show where it currently is. till now ive just been ram previewing but its such a pain to do it over and over again:( ive tried messing with the fast preview controls on the bottom of my video comp window(adaptive reso, off, open gl etc.) none of it changed a thing. idk wat else to do.

PLEASE HELP:( itll help make my workflow ALOT easier.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: after effects help....

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:20 am

As far as I know, OpenGL is what makes it do this. At adaptive resolution, it always worked pretty good for me.

Overture
Org Profile

Re: after effects help....

Post by Overture » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:49 pm

well i usually use it on adaptive resolution as well. but it just stopped working now. so i tried out the open gl's and it doesnt work for it either. im not sure but im assuming there must be an option somewhere to turn the scrubbing on and off, tho i dont remember ever turning it off so idk if thats the problem but i hope its something as simple as that:) any suggestions?

Return to “Video Editing Software”