Premire CS3 settings question

TheJadeArcAngel
Org Profile

Premire CS3 settings question

Post by TheJadeArcAngel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:25 am

If one is to start editing with the Huffyuv codec and be working on AVI files sized at, or avove, 640x320 whats the best way to set these kinds of things in Premiere CS3?

I ask 'since I am coming out of a FCP background where it sets the quality/size settings for you based on a single clip being placed in the time line but w/ AP I dont know the best way to set things up

When I start ( for example ) if I select the DV 48htz project settings clips play on the timeline as if zoomed in FAR larger than they need to be

If I select HD than that starts a series of odd resized and quality playback issues that don't reflect the actual settings of the video I am editing. One example is that it plays back deinterlaced when the video clip itself HAS no interlacing issues?

I imagine there is a process for setting the project settings up a certain way? I know I can go in and select the editing codec for the project to be Huffyuv but everything still needs rendering and it plays back as if 10x to small when I select 'fit' for the display mode ( i IMAGINE this is supposed to be 'fit to window'? )

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Re: Premire CS3 settings question

Post by LivingFlame » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 am

When you start a new project, set the template to Desktop. That will let you customize everything. (I think that template is still called Desktop...)
... yea ...

TheJadeArcAngel
Org Profile

Re: Premire CS3 settings question

Post by TheJadeArcAngel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Well, here's the result: The video plays fine however the render bar is still red thus sending undue worry up my spine. Why is it red if it doesn't need to be rendered?

And the 'fit' option for the window is still showing it at this freakishly small angle. At 100% its too big obviously and every other view has something wrong, like at 75% it has black bars on the sides?

Also, whats the best 'pixel' ratio??

Return to “Video Editing Software”