Magix Movie Edit

commixv
Org Profile

Magix Movie Edit

Post by commixv » Thu May 07, 2009 11:42 am

Hi all,

does anyone of you know the software magix movie edit pro?
I have some German friends who came over two weeks ago and two of them are very enthusiastic editors and they almost conjured me to use movie edit pro as well but you know..everybody is just talking about adobe and virtualdub etc. and I'm a bit confused now because I'm a real rookie (concerning editing^^) but the demoversion looked kind of easy to me AND they made good looking movies with it too (but I guess they are some kind of professionals/freaks ) ...so I don't know.
Do you know the software, can you recommend it?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Magix Movie Edit

Post by mirkosp » Fri May 08, 2009 3:16 pm

It's a pretty good editor if you know what you're doing. You can pretty much do the same things you'd be doing in premiere or vegas I suppose, if you know how to do them, that is.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 pm

In my opinion, I think it was a good transition software between WMM and sony vegas. It's loads better than wmm but light years behind vegas as well. The biggest bonus for me at the time was it's cheap. But if you plan on getting really into editing than you're probably gonna want vegas or adobe at some point.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 am

Kanti13 wrote:In my opinion, I think it was a good transition software between WMM and sony vegas. It's loads better than wmm but light years behind vegas as well. The biggest bonus for me at the time was it's cheap. But if you plan on getting really into editing than you're probably gonna want vegas or adobe at some point.
My videos disagree.

|:>
Hi.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 am

Koopiskeva wrote:
Kanti13 wrote:In my opinion, I think it was a good transition software between WMM and sony vegas. It's loads better than wmm but light years behind vegas as well. The biggest bonus for me at the time was it's cheap. But if you plan on getting really into editing than you're probably gonna want vegas or adobe at some point.
My videos disagree.

Your later videos needed photoshop, after effects and particle illusion too.

commixv
Org Profile

Post by commixv » Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Kanti13 wrote: light years behind vegas as well.
Hi,

what does lightyears mean, I don't want to pay money to the wrong company for being lightyears behind others :D

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Koopiskeva wrote:
My videos disagree.

Your later videos needed photoshop, after effects and particle illusion too.
No.
Hi.

commixv
Org Profile

Post by commixv » Sat May 16, 2009 11:19 am

Hey,

I ordered Movie Edit Pro 15 today, I hope it will be delivered until Monday/Tuesday =)

Do you know any page with tutorials or something similar to tutorials?^^ I'd be pleased if you could recommend me ..lets say one or two =)

commixv
Org Profile

Post by commixv » Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 am

So I found www.magix.info/uk some kind of official community seems to be quite good but the problem is that nearly every tutorial is written in German.. guess I need to lern some German vocab^^
When you find some English tutorials I'd be pleased =)

commixv
Org Profile

Post by commixv » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 am

Hi there

so.. I got my Movie Edit Pro yesterday and its pretty good ^^

My personal opinion so far:

pro
easy installation (but I see this as a basic requirement!)
easy handling (!) --> videoediting seems to quite simple, I mean I'm a complete newbie in this sector but most of the applications are self-explanatory so you can start at once!
(You got the timeline, got your movie on your pc, import your movie, add some effects et voilà ---> easygoing :D)

con
I still have some troubles with my onlineactivation but nvm my connection is f*cked up currently anyway

Return to “Video Editing Software”