Vegas vs. Premiere

jt_x
Org Profile

Re: Vegas vs. Premiere

Post by jt_x » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:08 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote: Premiere I think is better simply because of Avisynth support. Saves me the trouble of both needing huge file space for lossless full-length episodes and the trouble of hunting down clips to chop up in VirtualDubMod. A four-step process of getting clips into my program becomes 2-step.
well we use fake avis to accomplish the same, makeavis which comes with ffdshow to be exact. so not pretty much an advantage of premiere.

well im using vegas since v8 came out, so i could buy v7 cheap which im still using and its probably one of the best vegas versions out there. well i think the decision is up to you, use both programs for a while and then make a decision.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:54 pm

HarimaKenji wrote:
The Origonal Head Hunter wrote: Premiere I think is better simply because of Avisynth support. Saves me the trouble of both needing huge file space for lossless full-length episodes and the trouble of hunting down clips to chop up in VirtualDubMod. A four-step process of getting clips into my program becomes 2-step.
well we use fake avis to accomplish the same, makeavis which comes with ffdshow to be exact. so not pretty much an advantage of premiere.
the fake avis process still involves more steps than Premiere's direct importing of avisynth files.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Just speaking from experience in the graphic end, I usually actually like to keep around a few different applications that are good at different things, for example, I use both gimp and photoshop for image editing, since gimp can do some things better than photoshop, but photoshop has other things gimp can't. I use wichever is more usefull for the particular task. If you have both softwares already, I'd keep em both around, unless you find that they both can do exactly what you need. although I am a premeire user myself and have not used vegas, I find photoshop very easy to use and can do pretty much all i need to to do without needing AE for most normal stuff (post Pro 2.0). although, the fact that you can mask inside vegas does interest me. :up:

Return to “Video Editing Software”