Osakaisthebombs question page

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Re: Osakaisthebombs question page

Postby Osakaisthebomb » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:25 pm

I didn't install anything fromt the amvapp except the thing I metioned and then I installed the cccp thing and restart the computer. And it's basically back to where it started only loading a little better but still freezing at on point of a video and continuing freeze after it starts up a again. (in other words freezes -15 seconds later it continues to play for a sec and then freezes again).
Osakaisthebomb

Postby Phantasmagoriat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to help much without knowing what type of files you are dealing with. At this point it really could be anything since all sorts of things could contribute to a video being slow on playback/preview:

-codec used to encode your source video*
-computer specifications**
-size of preview window
-attached audio
-Frame dimensions
-Frame rate
-File size and video duration

*if it is highly compressed, your computer has to do a lot of decoding on the fly, which requires a lot of computing power; this is partially why lossless video [highly uncompressed] is the most editing-friendly.
**even if you did everything correct, some computers simply cannot decode or transfer lossless video fast enough to generate a smooth preview [although there are ways of getting around this...]
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Galactic Escape"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."
Phantasmagoriat

Postby Krisqo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am

If you are looking for the file types, just run them through GSpot. It should tell you everything.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... QndLSkE9PQ

Just open the Zip file I made and run GSpot.exe. You don't need to install anything. Just drag your file into the interface and it should tell you all the information like this:

Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby Osakaisthebomb » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:35 pm

what info do you need from me when I put the file into it?

one thing I noticed was that it read the codec as dvsd when they are supposed to be huffyuv files.
Osakaisthebomb

Postby Phantasmagoriat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Ideally we'd want to know all information, and capturing an image of the gspot window could save some typing.
Most keyboards have a button/combination to take a screenshot. Once the screenshot is taken you can open an image editor like the GIMP or photoshop and ctrl+v paste the image into the program. Then save it as a .jpg, upload to a place like photobucket, and post the image here. To take a screenshot of just the current window, try alt+'print screen'

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it sounds like you have DV-AVI, which might be the whole problem. Technically, that is okay to edit with-- but not great; in all likelihood you're going to want to convert it to HUFFYUV or mjpeg using vdub. [but disable the audio stream first]
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Galactic Escape"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."
Phantasmagoriat

Previous

Return to Video Editing Software