Gimp to video.

Vanity
Org Profile

Gimp to video.

Post by Vanity » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Ok i wanted to know how i would add my grunge effects to a video. Because i heard like you have to do frame by frame and im totally confused on how i would save my gimp project file into sonyvegas.

i have seen zetzu's amazing video and it shows alot of grunge and i wanted to know how i would do that.

grunge starts at: 00:50/02:28

His video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNZt9vN58c

Like my main question is that how i would load my picture in sonyvegas and how do i make my grunge move.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:37 pm

make several changing images and compile them into the project frame by frame?

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:50 pm

wouldn't that be kind of hard...so like i would have to take a small clip i would want the grunge on and then take several pictures of it in order of the clip and make different grunges per frame... is this correct.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 am

Actually there was a plug-in (or at least I think it was) where you can save a a file with a bunch of layers into a some kinda video file. Except you had to save the images as some kinda file format with a weird extension. I used to have it, didn't use it. Dunno if you're talking about that one, though.
Under Construction

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:17 am

i really don't know cuz like it soundz seriously difficult to make a bunch of picz and put them together. But if gets the job done then i guess i would do it. and is what i said is the way i make the grunges move>?

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 am

GIMP Animation Package (GAP) & Tutorial

Haven't really checked out the tutorial, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Under Construction

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 am

You can always drag a group - even a large number - of still pictures on to the timeline and Vegas will place them one after another. But before you do that, go to Options-Preferences and on the Editing tab, set the New Still Image Length to something reasonable. When Vegas places a large number of stills, it will make each one the time length that you specify on that page.

On the Explorer tab, click-shift click the names of the files. Then click on the file that should be first and drag the group to a track. You will probably want to go through them and make corrections for timing, but at least the bulk placement is done automatically.

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 am

i was thinking of taking a clip and putting it into after effects and render it in a jpeg sequence and make the entire clip into still images and then edit it in gimp and then put it into vegas..would that work.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 am

you can put images into vegas yes so yea it would work...

yea animation is hard, its frame by frame work.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:38 am

But don't use JPEG. And make sure the filenames use numbers so you can keep them in order.

Return to “Video Editing Software”