question reguarding editing software

banders
Org Profile

question reguarding editing software

Post by banders » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:34 am

been using windows movie maker to make amvs for a while now and im thinking of actually buying an editor (even though as of now I havent felt restricted with the exception of not being able to crop but ya never know) was wondering if anyone could tell me which of these are better for working on amvs:

Ulead Videostudio 11

Pinnacle Studio 11 (basic or plus)

a while back (come to think of it was around the time of the last fanime) I got the trial of adobe premere and sony vegas and couldn't figure either of them out... I also tried ulead figured some of it out (more than I did the former 2) but I discovered a problem, that would drive me up the wall, I could figure out any way to empty the library without takeing forever to delelte each clip on by one (BTW if anyone knows how to do that please enlighten me ^^; ) and so I was gonna try pinnacle but I didn't find the trial version to see how it works) I figured with that factor I should try to get word of mouth, figured it would be the smarter thing to do than waste $50-100 only to say to myself "forget it! im going back to WMM!". havent upgraded my PC or anything if that narrows it down. I realize its a longshot but I figured someone might be able to know from expierience, any helpful resonse at all would be greatly apreciated.

thank you
joey: look guys, marik is so scared his hair is standin up. oh wait its always like that.

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 am

This might not really be an the answer your looking for, if not I apologize. After using WMM I found the transition between Vegas and some of the other trials rather confusing but then I tried <a href="http://www.download.com/Magix-Movie-Edi ... ">Magix</a> for me personally not only was the transition easy enough to work with without making me want to switch back, but the program itself works well for me. Thats a link to the free trial but if you choose to stick with it its only $50 which is rather cheep for a decent editing program. It might not be the most powerful thing out there but to me at least its a large improvement over wmm. Also, and I could be wrong here but I think Magix is a more commonly used program here then the two you mentioned, so If you did decide to use it and had questions along the way more people would be able to help you out.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 am

You will find the most help around here with either Adobe Premiere, or Sony Vegas, or Magix... because they are the most used. I often see Pinnacle and Ulead topics die.

I personally went from WMM to Ulead to Vegas.. really it all depends on your preference...

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 am

Actually I went from :
Magix -> WMM -> ULEAD -> Magix -> Premiere -> Vegas -> Premiere :?

I might try Vegas again . . .

Just try out Vegas, Magix and Premiere then choose wich you like the best.
I really like Premiere the most because its fast and easy to use (on my PC).
But it creates problems from time to time (If you edit with external decoders or Xvid files).
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 am

every editing program will have issues with XVID/DIVX encoded files, and if it doesn't then somewhere down the line it will more than likely cause an issue...

it's best not to edit with that codec

banders
Org Profile

um.......

Post by banders » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:44 pm

my confusion aside im also kinda straped for cash at the moment, so I can't aford premeire or vegas right now thats why I put those 2 up there. judging from some responses it looks like the next step would be ulead, so just curious. is there a way to emtpy/ delete the libary (aside for taking forever to right click- delete them 1 by 1) that was really to only thing I saw wrong with ulead
joey: look guys, marik is so scared his hair is standin up. oh wait its always like that.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 pm

I use Magix, but try selecting the first one, hold shift and select the last one... hopefully everything in between will get selected too.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “Video Editing Software”