drop multiple pictures in shorter time duration

silentway
Org Profile

drop multiple pictures in shorter time duration

Post by silentway » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:42 am

i want to drop multiple pictures (like almost 1000 of them), however, vegas automatically make the time duration for each pictures is 5 seconds. the problem is, i want for each of my pictures be in 5 frame per seconds.

i once saw in video tutorial but cant remember the title, it is possible to do that. if i am not wrong, they use marker. but i cant figure out how to do it.

can u guys tell me how to do it?

please and thank u....

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:05 am

Select Options - Preferences, then open the Editing tab. Change the value for "New still image length (seconds)".

Note that the duration is in seconds, so the number of frames you get will depend on your Project Properties - Frame rate.

You can't get an exact length for (in your case) five frames. What will happen is that the events will "drift". Even if your number is very close, by the 100th - or less - picture it will be noticeably out of sync. You'll need to do some fine-tuning afterwards.

In the past what I've done is set the still image length as close as possible. After dropping all the pics on the timeline, I stepped through to each picture, snapping the edge to the closest frame. Doesn't take as long as it sounds.

Another problem is that your length (five frames) may not divide evenly into the beat or measure. In which case you need to be flexible in order to stay in sync as much as possible. For example, your pics could have frame widths of 5 - 5 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 6 - etc,

silentway
Org Profile

Post by silentway » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 am

TaranT,

oh my god........ u just save my life.......

well, it works!!!! got it to 0.175sec to fit the 5 frame per second.

yeah, of course it will be like 5-5-5-6-5-5-4-, but most of them 5. i can work out for the others.

thanks, man.

btw, just curious, how did u know it?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:18 pm

silentway wrote:btw, just curious, how did u know it?
:? I looked for it ?? Like I said, I did something similar on a project a few years ago.

Return to “Video Editing Software”