Cleaning Up Before Pinnacle Studio 10

Cambdoranononononono
Org Profile

Cleaning Up Before Pinnacle Studio 10

Post by Cambdoranononononono » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:59 pm

I am trying to clean up some video game footage I captured (deinterlacing, improving picture quality, subtitle removal, etc.) before I edit with it in Pinnacle Studio 10. I would rather do this before I put together my video rather than after, because the different games need different cleaning.

However, Studio doesn't seem to recognize any videos that have been compressed losslessly. (It just shows a black screen with audio in the background.) It also doesn't recognize any avs files disguised by makeAVIS. I tried forcing RGB on both, but that didn't work.

I don't exactly have a big budget, so I'm not going to buy better software any time soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do? The best I've come up with is to use uncompressed video, but this is more than a little inconvenient.
"The thing is that most people want to be happy and successful in life, but . . . they're wrong."~The Deranged Millionaire

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:10 pm

I know nothing about Pinnacle, but try importing your source into vdub through avisynth, and try changing the colorspace with converttoyRGB32(), converttoyv12() etc. then export some test clips with HUFFYUV or Lagarith, and try those in Studio. Hopefully some combination will work.

Another thing that comes to mind is how the program imports video; if it uses internal codecs, it might not recognize what you are giving it. [i know in Magix I sometimes uncheck the "use internal AVI import" box]

Worse case scenario, my usual protocol is to "uninstall, then reinstall stuff" until it works :) ... codecs/packs [i use CCCP, but you personally might not like the idea of using a pack]... Pinnacle... AMVapp... this one time I reformatted my hard drive, and started from scratch... which will probably solve any other problems you may have... so that's something to consider i guess :roll:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “Video Editing Software”