I Need Help With Current Problem

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.
Zwill
Org Profile

I Need Help With Current Problem

Postby Zwill » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:03 pm

I am using Avs Video Editor and need help on fading clips in and out. I mean in some way "overlapping" for example, one clips goes then in the background but faint there is other clips that you can see kind of like a day dream.

Any ideas is helpful.

post-it
Org Profile

Postby post-it » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:19 pm

... which avs editor ?? ... there's not many of them left anymore !

Rapture**
Org Profile

Re: I Need Help With Current Problem

Postby Rapture** » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:17 am

Zwill wrote:I am using Avs Video Editor and need help on fading clips in and out. I mean in some way "overlapping" for example, one clips goes then in the background but faint there is other clips that you can see kind of like a day dream.

Any ideas is helpful.

I know my words may be unreasonable,and the favor I will ask may sound impossible.. BUT - could you show at least a schreenshot?
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Zwill
Org Profile

Postby Zwill » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 am

post-it wrote:... which avs editor ?? ... there's not many of them left anymore !

http://www.avsmedia.com/VideoEditor/ind ... YAodHUGKmw

I know my words may be unreasonable,and the favor I will ask may sound impossible.. BUT - could you show at least a schreenshot?

You mean a example of my fade or the video?

Rapture**
Org Profile

Postby Rapture** » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:38 am

I mean like screenshot of preview window in your avseditor.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Postby post-it » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 pm

.. the trick to "fading" with a single-line editor is to remember that there IS a duration period for the fading of the two clips; therefor, it is wise to pre-trim your clips before you fade them together 8-)
now THIS type of fading will BOTH back-track the left clip while ALSO forward-tracking the right clip. The Duration Time will only show where the fading will begin and end ... no; it will not show you the fading itself until it is encoded :(
pre-trimming is the key to getting a good fade from this editor 8-)

Does that help ??? 8-)

post-it
Org Profile

Postby post-it » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 pm

... no, I didn't forget what you were asking about ... something like THIS:

It can't be done with that editor -- I've tried and tried but it won't HOLD the image at Levels ...

sorry about the delay in responding .. I just had to make sure it could do it. it can't!

Zwill
Org Profile

Postby Zwill » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Could you convert it from one to the other to fix that or would you just use one program.

post-it
Org Profile

Postby post-it » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:52 pm

.. in your case, with that editor, having another editing program for what you are trying to do would be a must. Trying to fade across multi sections of Video's and Images, for some reason, didn't turn-out like I was hoping it would.

.. "you need a twin/dual line editor" to hold the first Video/Image at a 30% level and not use anything transition(s) for the second Video/Image at 70% level for the duration of the Dream section. Now you can add THAT dream section to your AMV and no one would ever know how you did it.

.. I have already erased the AVSeditor from my hard drive. btw, it is a good encoder -- I liked that part of it 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

.. what you need is a multi-line editor. I believe that any inexpensive editor that does multi-line editing will do. There is a list of Editors on one of the "stickies" at the top of one of these message area's that I know "can help you."

Wish I could be more helpful.

Return to “Video Editing Software”