Selecting clips

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Selecting clips

Postby evenim » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm

I am trying to slow down just 1 little piece of my movie as the bosss dies. I try selecting one slide and it selects a whole section. Any ideas how to make just a little piece of a clip in slow mo not the whole clip? Again I am new to this and trying to learn.
evenim

Postby evenim » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:06 pm

Oh yeah Duh Im using sony vegas 7.0 And the file is a fraps of a world of warcraft boss encounter. Any suggestions how to save this so i do not lose quality from the opriginal?
evenim

Postby lynit » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:27 am

evenim wrote:Oh yeah Duh Im using sony vegas 7.0 And the file is a fraps of a world of warcraft boss encounter. Any suggestions how to save this so i do not lose quality from the opriginal?

Save it in Lagarith or Huffyuv.

I am trying to slow down just 1 little piece of my movie as the bosss dies. I try selecting one slide and it selects a whole section. Any ideas how to make just a little piece of a clip in slow mo not the whole clip? Again I am new to this and trying to learn.

Easy. Split it in two clips. Split it, then do slow mo for the clip.
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.
lynit

Postby CrackTheSky » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:34 am

`Eclipse wrote:

Easy. Split it in two clips. Split it, then do slow mo for the clip.

Or you could right-click on the clip, go to "Insert Envelopes" and click on "Velocity". A green bar will appear across the clip...double click on it to make a keyframe, and then you can adjust only certain parts of the clip.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Re: Selecting clips

Postby GH » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:20 am

evenim wrote:I am trying to slow down just 1 little piece of my movie as the bosss dies. I try selecting one slide and it selects a whole section. Any ideas how to make just a little piece of a clip in slow mo not the whole clip? Again I am new to this and trying to learn.

right click the clip,go down to options,and i think it says FPS=Frames Per Second,wich it might also say frames,put it to 2.50 to make it go its slowest,but depending on the speed you want it to go,make it a higher number to make it go faster,and lower for slower,someone might have alreaddy explained this but im bored and i like helping people with vegas problems :D
GH

Return to Video Editing Software