Finding the beat

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Finding the beat

Postby lister007 » Fri May 04, 2007 1:56 pm

How you you find the beat? So far I have been looking for the nodes or using audacity, thinking of using audition or something similar. What do you prefer?
Spatchcock..........A dressed and split chicken for roasting or grilling on a spit.
Bring it
Berserk or crazy...??? (image shack sucks will have a banner for this too when it doesn't!)
lister007

Postby CrackTheSky » Fri May 04, 2007 1:59 pm

What do you mean, 'find the beat'? As in, how do I sync up my video with the music? Usually, I use the waveform as a guideline but I put more emphasis on what I actually hear, rather than what I see.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri May 04, 2007 2:10 pm

i tap the M key while listening to the music file being played in Vegas, sometimes minor fixes have to be made, but it gets it pretty close..
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby lister007 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:21 pm

Usually, I use the waveform as a guideline but I put more emphasis on what I actually hear, rather than what I see.

like JaddziaDax said you gotta have a method of applying to the vid itself though right? I think most of the time it is a case of stopping starting pausing, stuff like that. :roll:
Spatchcock..........A dressed and split chicken for roasting or grilling on a spit.
Bring it
Berserk or crazy...??? (image shack sucks will have a banner for this too when it doesn't!)
lister007

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri May 04, 2007 3:01 pm

the "M" key creates markers in Vegas >.>
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri May 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Looking at the waveform, practice with headphones, sectioning off parts and listening to them on a loop (at different speeds), etc...

Having a roommate that happens to be an audiophile and is going to school to be a sound engineer doesn't hurt either.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby NS » Sat May 05, 2007 7:31 am

I use the audio wave things as well, But the majority of what I do comes with hearing at first, then when I get in it use markers or cuts or the wavelengths as well.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Willen » Sat May 05, 2007 8:33 am

I use the waveform in my editing program as a guideline. But ultimately, I use my ears.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Purge » Sat May 05, 2007 4:01 pm

prem shuttle tool for playing at 5% realtime ftw
Purge

Postby Shazzy » Mon May 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Close my eyes and hit the marker button when the sound "feels" like there should be a scene change. Waveforms are kinda nice guidelines, but sometimes the cut flows better slightly before/after the actual "peak" of the beat.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.
Shazzy

Postby Pwolf » Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 pm

wait wait... "how do you find the beat?" you got be kidding me... use your ears.

Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Return to Video Editing Software