Anybody need help with AVID?

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Anybody need help with AVID?

Postby garbageman82 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm

I'll be more than happy to help anyone out that uses, or is interested in using AVID.
-jh
garbageman82

Postby Scintilla » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Around here, we usually wait until someone posts with a specific question, and <i>then</i> help him/her out.

So between that and the fact that Avid doesn't seem to be very popular around here, don't be surprised if you don't get many replies.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Minion » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:31 pm

i'd say it's an alright topic.
like a Q and A version of the guides people write on the forums. i see no problem.

but indeed, don't expect many replies. avid isn't popular on the amv scene
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby NS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:40 pm

I've never even heard of it...Whats it like?
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Minion » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:43 pm

alright, now the topic fails.
gg
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Shinodude » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:19 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:I've never even heard of it...Whats it like?

It is a school program they offer at some schools usually in highschool it helps you with note taking and test studying also in senior year it helps you find a college

as for the editing program I have never heard of it either.
Shinodude
emodude

Postby Minion » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 pm

Minion

Postby godix » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:29 pm

I always thought it was a keen interest or enthusiasm for something. Like an avid anime fan for example. I didn't realize it was something you needed help with. Unless you don't want to be an avid fan, then I suppose you have a guy with a taser help you out by shocking you in the balls whenever you watch anime until you learn to hate it in Pavlovian response. Perhaps that's what type of help the guy was offering. The guy just wants to get his rocks off by pumping large amounts of painful electricity through peoples testicles. Fucking sicko.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Krisqo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:59 pm

shinodude wrote:
NerdStrudel wrote:I've never even heard of it...Whats it like?

It is a school program they offer at some schools usually in highschool it helps you with note taking and test studying also in senior year it helps you find a college

as for the editing program I have never heard of it either.

I was bored

http://www.avid.com/products/studioToolkit/index.asp
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby Koopiskeva » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:16 pm

wuts avid |:>
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

what's AVID?

Postby garbageman82 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:55 pm

AVID is an Editing programme, (of course..lol) mostly used by professionals, and other people in the industry... It's used by a pretty high percentage of professionals in the Media industry, from major production films to the budding movie maker...It's used on many major shows, such as 24, Law & Order, Punk'd, and pretty much any other show on TV. And it's used in films, from Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narina, (dune if that's spelled right..lol), and many others. I know many of you might not have heard of AVID, nonetheless used it, but I'm here if anyone needs any questions answered on editing systems. I may not be able to get back to you immediately, because of work, but I will return any messages I receive.

Thanks!
-jh
garbageman82

Postby NS » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:58 pm

How much does it cost? I might look into it. Like not right now or anything, just for da future
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Cost

Postby garbageman82 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 pm

You can download Avid Free DV, at no cost, but if you want to buy the programme, the cheapest one is around $250.00, (with educational discount),I believe. And if you really want to go pro, you can shell out about $1500 for Avid Xpress Pro HD..lol...There is a somewhat steep learning curve, (which is short), but after that, you'll be able to work deep within AVID, with no problem.
-jh
garbageman82

Postby NS » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:16 pm

What do you mean free DV? Just like a can do barely anything version? Or just a trial?
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Free DV

Postby garbageman82 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:23 pm

It just has the basic functions of the other AVID programmes, it has no trial period, and doesn't expire..(unless they've changed it)..lol..It is, however pretty fun and powerful to work with :) I, myself, have AVID Xpress Pro HD, and haven't used Free DV in the longest time, but the programmes are the same.
-jh
garbageman82

Next

Return to Video Editing Software