Vegas-->WMM

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Postby Minion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:24 pm

this topic is mindfuck lvl 9000.

heres the whole thing simplified.

make the part you want in vegas.
export it as a video (avi, lagarith codec)

import video to WMM.

dorp in the timeline.

though if you have vegas, why you would use WMM instead is behond me.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby kikai_saigono » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:(and you can switch back and forth, just render the clip and open it in wmm, then do the effect, render again, and open it in vegas, but then it ruins quality. o.o but I think you said you knew how to do that already. ._.)

Jaddziadax wrote:what you could do is import the clip into WMM, put the effect on it, then export it at the highest resolution/visual quality then import it again into Vegas...

but.. wmm's export is usually lower than Vegas @_@

minion wrote:make the part you want in vegas.
export it as a video (avi, lagarith codec)

import video to WMM.

dorp in the timeline.

We all said the same thing. o.o
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Wished » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:22 pm

well yeah.. i got it.. lol thanks. like i said, it's 'cause i dont know how to do this one effect on Vegas but I can on WMM so yeah.
Wished

Postby Minion » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:58 am

kikai_saigono wrote:We all said the same thing. o.o

didn't bother reading
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:46 am

There is no effect in WMM that can't be done in Vegas, and probably with better quality. Just learn the fargin' program; you have it, might as well learn how to use it effectively.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:00 am

what effect are you trying to do?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Wished » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:26 am

pulse effect, but it screws up badly when i try doing it on vegas. just something doesnt quite go right. something similar can be done in WMM so i figured i might as well do that.
Wished

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:40 am

are you talking about panning?

or zoom?

you can do that by using pan and crop... how long it takes depends on how much you pan it or how long the clip is
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Wished » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:08 am

i think it's the zooming. o_o i think when i zoom in and close the box, it goes back to its regular size. there's no option for like 'okay' or anything so i just assume closing the box will do, but guess not.
Wished

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:13 am

Are you keyframing?
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Wished » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:31 am

Uhh, as dumb as this may sound, I have no clue.
i just searched up on this forum on the pulse effect and all it basically said was lowering the opacity, zooming in and out, and a few other things, but dunno about keyframing. u.u;
Wished

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:43 am

Keyframing is where you make a change to the scene, move the scrubber along the timeline, and then make another change. These changes are 'keyframes'. For example, if you want the pulse effect, at the start of the Pan/Crop timeline zoom in, then move the scrubber to a later part of the timeline and zoom back out, move the scrubber down the timeline and zoom in, etc. When you're finished the Pan/Crop timeline should have a bunch of diamonds (keyframes) and when you play the video on the regular timeline you should see a "pulse" effect. It'll probably take a little tweaking to get the effect to sync with the music correctly, but that's how you do it.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Wished » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:04 am

oh I see.. wait what are scrubbers? I see what you're talking about keyframing now eh.
Okay, so.. wait.
Hold on ><;; This may sound really confusing. But yeah.
in the pan/crop window, the bottom where you keyframe, how do you know when the zoom in/zooming out ends? Like I tried to experiment with it by changing the diamonds acting as if the top was the start and the bottom was the end, but basically if I were to zoom out on that part, then the whole video would be the same as it.
Wished

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Ok, tutorial time!

First thing's first. Scrubber:

Now, here's how to make the pulse effect:

And continue like that until you get the desired number of "pulses." Then just X out of the window; everything will be saved.

Make sense?
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Wished wrote:Uhh, as dumb as this may sound, I have no clue.
i just searched up on this forum on the pulse effect and all it basically said was lowering the opacity, zooming in and out, and a few other things, but dunno about keyframing. u.u;

thats an enitrely different kind of pulse...
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

PreviousNext

Return to Video Editing Software