Magix quesitons

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Magix quesitons

Postby AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:35 am

So I was thinking of getting this program but I was wonderingif I could here some different points of view about it from here thanks to anyone who responds.
AMVGuy122558

Postby Minion » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:47 am

it helps to ask an actual question. otherwise, we don't know what you want us to say.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:59 am

Well like what are your comments on tee program would you recommend it or not and why.
AMVGuy122558

Postby Minion » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:06 am

thats still pretty vague. what capabilities are you looking for?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:14 am

Simplistic(or at least not overly confusing), BIG variety of FX, and one that not t picky about which type of files I can use.
AMVGuy122558

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:21 am

Such a program does not exist. At the very least you must edit with editable codecs in almost anything worth mentioning.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:47 am

Get the trial and see yourself. I found it difficult to use, but I'm biased because I'm used to the workflow of the AIST programs which is completly different to the Magix workflow. Make sure to backup your system before installing the trial of Magix in case you want to remove it. Not only that the uninstall routine is crap, it leaves some registry entries which resists deletion with the registry editor.
Keeper of Hellfire

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:14 am

well my friend use Magix and she told me that it's not gud for her but if you want what Keeper of Hellfire said "Get the trial and see yourself."

Then if you don't want get other one with fits in your taste. :wink:
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Postby Willen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 am

Magix is pretty cheap, usually at $50. (Especially now as Best Buy has a sale on it this week, and it's cheaper if you buy it with tax software, dunno why...) It has a decent amount of tracks to lay audio and video on (16). It is fairly robust (I think I froze it once in 2 years). And it can allow you to do some neat things if you have the patience to invest in it. Built-in effects are kinda weak (as it is for many programs). But it seems to take a lot of different types of files as input without complaining (AVI including XviD, MPG, VOB, WMV, and more, which is good and bad). And it does a decent job of exporting your finished video in a variety of different formats without the need for exporting uncompressed or lossless first, then using VDub/Mod for final (XviD) compression (although I rarely use it, the XviD output actually works, unlike other programs).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:09 pm

I've downloaded the trial version a while back and I though it was ok but I didn't get to use it that much and thanks I'm really thinking I should buy it now espically with Best Buys sale on it lol
AMVGuy122558

Postby Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Willen wrote:It is fairly robust (I think I froze it once in 2 years).
That's because the US-version is released months after the German version. So all the bugs are fixed the German audience has to fight with.
Willen wrote:And it does a decent job of exporting your finished video in a variety of different formats without the need for exporting uncompressed or lossless first, then using VDub/Mod for final (XviD) compression (although I rarely use it, the XviD output actually works, unlike other programs).
Even if a program is capable to do this, it's still better to create a lossless master. It's easier to generate different versions of the AMV from a masterfile than to render the project every time. And if you use VDM for final compression, you can choose the resizing method. And for me is a lossless master not even an additional step since I use lossless files to judge my results (thanks smart rendering it's the fastest way to export), and so the last testversion is the master. :wink:
Keeper of Hellfire

Postby Kalium » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:46 pm

AMVGuy122558 wrote:Simplistic(or at least not overly confusing), BIG variety of FX, and one that not t picky about which type of files I can use.

While we're wishing for the impossible, I'd like a time machine and peace on earth as well as death to the MPAA and RIAA.

More seriously, Magix is a plenty capable program. It's can pull off quite a few effects, provided that you're willing to construct them. It's not going to be all point-and-drool, so if that's what you want, go elsewhere now. It can take a decent variety of input formats, but there are damn good technical reasons why you don't want to be sticking XviD fansubs into a video editing program. It's fairly simple, but power comes at the price of complexity. Programs that are very simple to use and very powerful really aren't reasonable to expect.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Well thats true its just most of the programs I've tried out have a reasonable enough learning curve but there about 2 or 3 I've come across where thehassle wasn't worth the end result. I used Magix trai lversion a few months ago and it was nothing complicated so that why I thought about getting it. About the point of the FX in Magix being time consuming thats just fine with me I don't care how long it takes I 'll work forever till its just right.
AMVGuy122558

Postby sagarajack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:04 am

Magix is a half ass program

I recommand something that has full Pro functions like Adobe products, Avid, Ulead etc
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.
sagarajack

Postby Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:18 am

I've got an suggestion try this Nero details inside, my friend use this and lots FX he told me and also this one ---> Blaze Media Pro I've tried this, it's gud and it's not picky too! Details inside if you want to try. :D
Ch3aLs3A L!n@

Next

Return to Video Editing Software