Magix quesitons

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 am

magix is a fine editing program. i really hate using this as an example, but it'll just keep getting bashed if i don't. euphoria was made in magix. in fact, koop edits exclusivly in magix.

and this is coming from a premiere user. it's not often you'll catch me standing up for another program. it's a very good budget program.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 am

sagarajack wrote:Magix is a half ass program

I recommand something that has full Pro functions like Adobe products, Avid, Ulead etc
Magix doesn't have many simple "click and go" effects. Most things that you want to do you have to create yourself, which takes some time and patience. It's only "half-assed" if that's too much work for you.

Magix is simple and easy to use. And not too much of a drain on your resources. I'll open it sometimes and leave it open for a week or so, with no ill effects. From what I've heard (though I've never tried it myself) that's a big NO in Premiere.

For the price, you will not find a better program. My version, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 cost me $25. Go look at the prices of Premiere, Avid, Ulead, etc. And having those doesn't guarantee you a good video. Your video quality will ultimately be based on YOU and not the program.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:55 am

what she said pretty much sums it up.
if the editor takes time to learn the program, it can be just as powerful as premiere. and for the price, it's a no brainer. magix=win for any budget editor
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:24 am

Minion wrote:what she said pretty much sums it up.
if the editor takes time to learn the program, it can be just as powerful as premiere. and for the price, it's a no brainer. magix=win for any budget editor
If you buy Magix for $25 and don't like it, at least all you've given up is a weeks worth of Frappuccinos from Starbucks. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 am

i was actually considering dropping 30 bucks a couple weeks ago - just to have it.
i have vegas too, but never use it.

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Euphoria was good because its bar style animation was new....if he used after effect...the video could be even better and possibly save tons of time for him.

There are reasons why Pro programs are expansive. I doubt any of us here actually uses all the functions inside Premiere.

Magix is great for beginners I guess, steping away from Win movie maker and stuff, and actually uses a time line.

btw, stop talking about low budget and crap...like Minion actually bought Premiere.
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:00 pm

sagarajack wrote:Euphoria was good because its bar style animation was new....if he used after effect...the video could be even better and possibly save tons of time for him.

There are reasons why Pro programs are expansive. I doubt any of us here actually uses all the functions inside Premiere.

Magix is great for beginners I guess, steping away from Win movie maker and stuff, and actually uses a time line.
The program doesn't matter. There are plenty of good AMVs that have been made in even Windows Movie Maker. Euphoria's good because Koop's a good editor, regardless of whether or not he used Magix.

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Ileia wrote:
Magix doesn't have many simple "click and go" effects. Most things that you want to do you have to create yourself, which takes some time and patience. It's only "half-assed" if that's too much work for you.

Magix is simple and easy to use. And not too much of a drain on your resources. I'll open it sometimes and leave it open for a week or so, with no ill effects. From what I've heard (though I've never tried it myself) that's a big NO in Premiere.

For the price, you will not find a better program. My version, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 cost me $25. Go look at the prices of Premiere, Avid, Ulead, etc. And having those doesn't guarantee you a good video. Your video quality will ultimately be based on YOU and not the program.
not to jump on the magix bandwangon... but I too think that it's a fine program for any price (and good its only under $50). Now, mind you, there are problems with it (like with most programs), but for the most part, if you're making AMV's with it, it is an awesome program and most of the bugs won't raise their ugly heads unless you plan on making a movie-length version video.

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 pm

I use Magix and find it works fine for my editing style (the claim about being able to leave it open is also true) and if you have creativity you can do a lot with it. One reason I got it is because on my budget I simply can't afford Adobe products, and I find it works just fine if you're willing to invest in it.
Image Image

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:58 pm

And I find Magix can be supplemented using other programs, for instance I use things I've made in GIMP on occasion to make borders or stuff like that. Given my rather eclectic work style it works well and has only crashed twice in the two years since I've had it.
Image Image

Return to “Video Editing Software”