Hm... please help?

-NeciFiX-
Org Profile

Hm... please help?

Post by -NeciFiX- » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 pm

Not sure if this goes here but whatever. I was wondering if there is a product that helps you make videos that Windows ME can use, I've been using Windows Movie Maker 1.0 for about 2 months (I'm nearly poverty poor, I don't want to hear that whiny crap saying: u hv cump n net! well guess what, my comp has 64 MB of RAM, was made in 99 and uses Windows ME, happy and I use internet my mums friend pays for) so... can anyone help me?
Hi

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:23 pm

thats about where i started when i got into making amvs. windows ME, WMM, a computer arguably worse than the OS.
it's really a shame for the technically savy to have to admit they have windows ME.

from what i remember, i got adobe premiere, but didn't have enough machine to run it.
so i had to get pinnacle 7 while premiere collected dust (until i started working again and could afford a new computer).

pinnacle is a decent option. anything before version 10 anyways.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:28 pm

64MB or RAM, huh? Well, It's going to be exceedingly dificult to do next to anything with a system like that.

You could most likely find old computers people or businesses are throwing away with far better specs than what you probably have (RAM isn't the best indication). A new system would honestly be the best thing - sure you could possibly mannage to do something without it, but the difficulty level would be exceedingly high.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

canikizu
Org Profile

Post by canikizu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:03 am

I agree. Most of the video editors use RAM to buff the render, so it will be hard to find a good one with only 64MB RAM. Even if you try to use them, you will end up disappoint because you will spend most of time to see the monitor rendering your preview :D. But if you want, I suggest you try use Video Edit Magic. I'm not sure though

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:39 am

Check on eBay. Yes, you can buy computers off eBay and get a working comp for a good deal.

Just as an example, a 512 MB system for $63 (buy-it-now price), which is considerably better than what you have now
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 am

I'd try to find some cheap RAM and add it in. The minimum I suggest for that old a system is 256MB. Although 512MB is recommended. Add more if your motherboard will support it (my WinME system maxes out at 512MB). Video editing is RAM and HDD intensive. Once that is taken care of, your software possibilities increase: older versions of the more popular software are still available for purchase (some for cheap!) if you look around.

Other than that, patience is the only other thing that may help.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

-NeciFiX-
Org Profile

Post by -NeciFiX- » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:14 pm

It turns out I have 128 MB of RAM, I did a DXDiag. I always thought I had 64. Lol, well, I went to my dads house recently and got a good deal on a 512 MB RAM stick, turns out I need 2x 256's for it to work. So I'll be trading it in later... I'll try Pinnacle. Windows Movie Maker is too basic, and it degrades the quality of high quality clips.
Hi

-NeciFiX-
Org Profile

Post by -NeciFiX- » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:01 pm

It doesn't work. Sigh, it costs too much money and if I try and download it that'd be illegal, and if I tried it wouldn't work anyways. Damn, luck always runs out for me. Sigh, I'm used to it though. I've been using WMM for over 3 months and I've seen amateurs better than me.
Hi

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 pm

Sony Vegas Movie Studio for $40

Magix Movie Edit 11 for $35

Pinnacle 9 for $10

And yes, the guy selling Pinnacle 9 is a reputable seller with genuine software.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

-NeciFiX-
Org Profile

Post by -NeciFiX- » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:10 pm

Yeah, but I can't go through the hassle of getting it, plus, I can't use Pinnacle 9. Not enough RAM.
Hi

Return to “Video Editing Software”