Please Help: THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING VEGAS

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:38 am

Kariudo wrote:I see, then it's probably not a bootleg
but most times you have to be wary when someone is selling $500 software for $99 (or lower)
Usually, yes. But this B&H deal is for a closeout OEM version of Vegas 6 since version 7 came out. OEM means no box or manual (CD and product key only) and is intended to be pre-installed by a system builder on a pre-configured computer (i.e. not by the end-user). Or bundled in a box along with some video editing/capture hardware as a package (which is how many people used to get the full Adobe Premiere for relatively cheap before Elements came out).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

eDiTiX
Org Profile

Post by eDiTiX » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:59 pm

I GOT IT. I just got the vegas 6 from B&H. Here's some pictures:

Back part to the envelope:

Here's two pictures of the disk, tell me what you think, the orange tag on the envelope has the serial number. Bootleg/not/unsure? Do tell me.

I tested it and it works flawlessly so far and has some slight differences than the trail version of vegas which I've been using for awhile but have uninstalled it after recieving the disk. It let unlock the mpeg plugin so now I'm able to import mpegs as well.

So I'm just here to confirm that from what I see...it seems very legit and in working order.

So if you want Vegas for only $99 than go there...or else wait a bit for me to try it out some more. The link that TaranT has.

analspider
Org Profile

Post by analspider » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:26 am

i have 7 and its alot better than 6 more user friendly also allows you to work off of .VOB files instead of converting them
Dont mock the weak, mock the prosperous......

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:47 am

analspider wrote:i have 7 and its alot better than 6 more user friendly also allows you to work off of .VOB files instead of converting them
I think Vegas 6.0d has the capability of importing VOB files directly. Although how well it does so, I don't know. My copy of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Version 6.0 (Build 43) allows me to import VOBs, although you have to treat them as from a DVD camcorder disc. File > Import > DVD Camcorder Disc..., then click on the Source drop down to select Browse... to find the folder holding your VOBs. I still don't recommend editing straight off the VOBs since you miss out on a great deal of possible enhancements from doing AviSynth pre-processing (de-interlacing, cleaning, etc.).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

analspider
Org Profile

Post by analspider » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:52 am

yeah i know lol but you dont have to go through the hassle of bringing them through the digital camera thing u can bring them staright from the import files button lol but its alot more user friendly from 6 and has newer features and im still looking for more features inside of it
Dont mock the weak, mock the prosperous......

Return to “Video Editing Software”