best video editor

ChibiViVa
Org Profile

best video editor

Post by ChibiViVa » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:12 am

umm, well i'd like to start video editing, you know, make my own amv's. umm, i was just wondering if i were to get a program, what would it be? i've heard that some dells come with a video editor, is that any good? does it have good transitions? i've also heard that windows media player has no transitions what-so-ever. is it still good? what about adobe? that costs a lot of money, but is it really worth it? i heard that it crashes alot and it takes up a lot of space on the users computer. i'd like some help pleeeeaaaasssssssseee

also, if one were to choose between video editor and picture editor, what would you get? is adobe photoshop really as good as people say? i've got a program called presto pagemaker, with the image editing presto image folio. its okay, but does anyone else really use it? which is better, adobe or jasc? ARG!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:32 pm

most of the ppl here use premiere just cuz its so kick ass. :D that program has a transition effect that you're lookin for as well as other great effects available. most of the great amv's you see on the org are done with adobe premiere. though there are those rare amv editors who make great amv's with windows movie maker. me thinks that's a great way to start out if you don't want to splurg the cash on premiere. but if you do have a nice friend who has it you can always leech it off them :P i suggest premiere just cuz its easy and you'll eventually learn that most prefer vids done by premiere.

as far as photo editing progs....again, i'd go with adobe. i've tried a couple and for me, the moment i went on photoshop....:shock: i went banner crazy. its an easy prog and both photoshop and premiere are a bit similar in their set up (no duh, >< done by the same damn company ...pft!) anyway...

ChibiViVa
Org Profile

LOL i c

Post by ChibiViVa » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:40 am

LoL! Thanx a bunch priuscomet. ^_^ I figured as much most ppl would go with premiere. Unfortunately I don't have a nice friend who owns it... YET.

As for photoshop, I heard it cost a LOT, like $600. I guess by what I've heard, it's worth it and it's REALLY powerful. Is that true? And is it easy to make banners/avatars/other stuff w/ it?

You're being REALLLLLLLYYYYY helpful! ~_^ Just need a lil more info on these software things cuz they cost a fortune, 'specially premiere. THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:21 pm

There are a bunch of tutorials on Photoshop on the web. I would go check those out, see if it's something you would like to do.

I would also check out various places to purchase Adobe Products. You can get deals buy purchasing Academic versions, even if you don't do academic stuff :roll: Or just get a deal on it.

You can get Premiere bundled with a DV200 capture card for about $250 off pricewatch. That's about half of what Adobe wants direct and you get a capture DV card as well.

I am sure you can get Photoshop cheaper then $600.

BTW the sig below, that was created in photoshop. I've done some other stuff with it as well and it's a nice program, but it's kind of daunting when you first start out and it's not for simple drawings(that's were MS-Paint comes in).

~klinky

madmallard
Org Profile

best video editor?

Post by madmallard » Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:34 pm

hmmm. . i prefer Quu on the end of a chain. . .

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:27 pm

Koop did his new video in a sound editing program or something like that. It kicks total ass too, I have no idea what it is or where you can find info on it, but I want it too!
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:40 pm

Six: But then you have all those hygiene and nutritional issues to deal with.

And unless you keep a sock in its mouth, editors sometimes have a tendency to emit unpleasant noises and crash at the most inopportune times.

Thanks, but I'll stick with Premiere. It may talk back in its own way, but I don't have to give it pizza and beer. I save that for myself.

madmallard
Org Profile

Post by madmallard » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:18 pm

you'd be surprised. if the chain is strong enough, Quu is relatively low maintenance. . .

or was. . .until he got a girlfriend and she moved in. .. .

ChibiViVa
Org Profile

thanx

Post by ChibiViVa » Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:50 pm

Thanks a bunch Klinky! I guess I know what I'm lookin for now. But still on image editors,

which is better?

Adobe or Jasc? (forgive me for spelling errors :lol: )

Oh an' I got an image editor, kinda crappy tho, called Presto Image Folio, it came with the software Presto PageManager Deluxe. Anyone heard of it? If u have, do you like it? Does it have potential?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:00 pm

I don't like Paintshop Pro. I think Photoshop is better then any of the other image editing progams out there. I love paint though, if only someone would make something as simple, yet as powerful as PAINT :p

~klinky

Return to “Video Editing Software”