Okay, Vegas is slow.

Sayoria [Inactive]
Org Profile

Okay, Vegas is slow.

Post by Sayoria [Inactive] » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:49 am

I tried my old 10, and I got a new 13 Pro. I dunno why, but in the preview window when I play, it lags. Is there any programs that are really closely similar to vegas? I know how to use vegas pretty well, but this lag won't get me anywhere.

VRSaskayzx
Org Profile

Re: Okay, Vegas is slow.

Post by VRSaskayzx » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:36 pm

you can try to shift-b and preview small areas but as far as I am aware the preview screen always lag for the better or worst. I used to edit on a very low specs computer back in the day and it lagged to no end, these days I have a high end PC and it still lags less but still does.

You could also go down into the clip properties and disable resample and interlace flicker, it helps a bit BUT doing this will mess you up if you try to speed up or slow down clips.
editing my life away.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 am

What codecs are you using in your clips? If it has to work with compressed stuff like Xvid maybe that slows it down. My little netbook previewed Ut clips pretty good.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

chucky91
Org Profile

Post by chucky91 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

Sayoria wrote:I tried my old 10, and I got a new 13 Pro. I dunno why, but in the preview window when I play, it lags.
Turn down resolution for the preview-window? Never tried it, because it is not necessary for me, but it might be worth a try.

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:16 am

how much ram do you have? go into Preferences ->Video Tab and then up your Dynamic RAM preview Max. it sets it pretti low by default, i set mine to 4gb and it helped out quite a bit for me at least.

Return to “Video Editing Software”