movavi which 'big name' is most similar

Bean780
Org Profile

movavi which 'big name' is most similar

Post by Bean780 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:53 am

hi, I have been considering other editing programs. I am not sure how likely this is actually going to happen considering I have not tested the new license. (I was not sure if I was getting a new computer or not) but I would love to know out of the major brand names (avid, adobe, Vegas...) which one would be closest to what movavi is based on. (Quick thing I already know it is not Adobe because I tested that once and that was not good (I did do what I had to for class but I need exact timing and that frame editing with music is never going to work) and has very little nothing in common)

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Re: movavi which 'big name' is most similar

Post by SQ » Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 am

I did do what I had to for class but I need exact timing and that frame editing with music is never going to work
This is absolutely possible in Adobe Premiere, so are you sure you used it correctly?

Based on the promo video for "Movavi video suite" I'd say Adobe Premiere would be the closest. If you need all that stock sticker stuff, then you could use Pinnacle. But I think you might have a better experience if you purchase Movavi and stick with it instead of Pinnacle.

If you need the magic mask, then try DaVinci Resolve (the base program is free but the part that contains the magic masking is paid). However, the layout in Resolve doesn't look anything like Movavi in my opinion.

Honestly, the only way you'll find out what you're comfortable with is if you download all the trials and try them out for yourself. But the paid version of Movavi actually looks pretty good, as well as it being a one-time affordable price, so I am curious what is inspiring the change to a "big editor" ?
Is there something you're unable to do in Movavi that you want?
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Bean780
Org Profile

Post by Bean780 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:28 pm

I realized last night I forgot to mention which version it is either version 16 or 17. (whatever version was July 2017) they change some of the formatting on the new version.

Bean780
Org Profile

Post by Bean780 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:29 pm

I did not get them in the suite format.

Bean780
Org Profile

Post by Bean780 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:44 pm

(all of the other forms I have have editing which is why I keep putting these mini things) This is mostly for avid and Vega which would involve a lot more than just trial. I know I like avid sound program but to get the video program there is no trial. Sony Vega would extra stuff but I actually suspected that one might be similar because of a confusion (Long story that involve day 'how do I make this video') though that could just be noticing that there was a timeline in a lot of stuff to a certain side of the screen. I never picked up an editor at that point. still since these two would involve a lot of extra things I would love to have a estimate answer.

Return to “Video Editing Software”