Colours changing in Vista

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Invaderkibachan
Org Profile

Colours changing in Vista

Post by Invaderkibachan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 pm

I really don't like WMM in Vista. But hey, its all i have since all my trials in Vegas have run out.

But the colours sometimes change. Mainly when usuing a picture from a screenshot.
Example: Konata from Lucky star
Use a picture so it will pause for some nice lip syncage instead of slowing the whole clip down like 5 times (which doesn't always work depending on how long the pause is suppsoed to be). It looks fine untill you import the video. Konata's dark blue hair is now light blue (and other colours are now lighter or darker) and it looks really bad because then it switches to the acualy clip and everything goes back to normal.

I know it didn't do this with my old Windows.
Colours it usually changes:
Dark Blue to Light blue (as mentioned above)
Yellow to Orange (My poor Pikachu picture )
Light green to uhh..avacodo green ( XP i dunno..something like that..disgusting green)
Light or Regular Red to dark Red
I belive there a few others..
Yes. That is a Rainbow Eevee and you are not high.

Invaderkibachan
Org Profile

Re: Colours changing in Vista

Post by Invaderkibachan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 pm

The image on the left is what the screenshot looks like after importing the video. The right is the video clip after the screenshot.
Yes. That is a Rainbow Eevee and you are not high.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Colours changing in Vista

Post by mirkosp » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Seems like something that colormatrix would fix. But first, just to make sure, are you directly editing with clips that are encoded with a lossy codec? A common example would be .avi files with a divx or xvid codec. If that's the case, then I suggest you to take a read of this to understand why you shouldn't and also to Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a> to learn how to do things properly.

If I am wrong though, and you are indeed editing with lossless clips or through fake avis or whatever, then I suggest you to give colormatrix() a try, as it seems to be an issue with the color coefficients detection.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”