audio skipping after saving to my computer from movie maker

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
ANTIQCOOL
Org Profile

audio skipping after saving to my computer from movie maker

Post by ANTIQCOOL » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:27 am

I hope someone can help me with htis problem.

even if I just download a movie from a site like clipser, convert it to wmv using Super C import into movie maker and resave the movie to my computer without doing anything to it there is a problem with the sound skipping.

The movie would play fine in movie maker with no sound problems....as soon as I save as a movie and play back in windows media there is skipping on audio.

Thank you for the reply.....could it be a codec problem with the original clip....an example of a clip I am having problems with can be found here.

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/569794

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:58 pm

what are your source files?

ANTIQCOOL
Org Profile

thanks for the reply

Post by ANTIQCOOL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't seem to matter if they are avi,wmv or what ever I have tried converting them with super c to wmv just to make sure.

If I capture something from my own web cam and import that into movie maker....no problems adding mp3 music, titles etc and saving then playing back with media player....so it looks like a problem with the coding of the clips I download....see my last post for an example of a problem clip from clipser.com.

I Also downloaded a program called Gspot which I am told can help determine what codecs were used etc...not really sure how to use this program though,,,,,,all this codec stuff is like another language to a technophobe like me.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:50 am

I think the major question here is, is every thing you export from WMM showing up with skiping audio, or only projects with the footage grabbed from this site? The next question, if it is only footage from this site, are you getting rid of the audio on those clips or are you using them in your projects?

Considering as you say, you take webcam footage and put audio to it then the project turns out fine. I can probably take a guess that it is indeed those clips you are downloading causing the problem.

However, my biggest question here is, what do you mean by skipping? Is the audio/video not synced? Or do you hear clicks and pops and other odd problems with the exported video?

Depending on your answers, the solutions could be different. Just from what I have read so far, I would say that your problem is that you are using badly compressed audio in your video and it is wrecking havoc on WMM's encoder. And if that is the case, the solution is, stop using badly compressed audio.
ImageImageImageImage

karla21
Org Profile

Re: audio skipping after saving to my computer from movie maker

Post by karla21 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 pm

Can i add watermark with this software? I have downloaded Movie Maker and i know from a forum it can make watermark for videos, but i didnt find that option.

Anyone knows if really make watermarks ? Karla

vnvnvn2000
Org Profile

Re: audio skipping after saving to my computer from movie maker

Post by vnvnvn2000 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 am

I had that same problem when trying to get a movie onto YouTube, unfortunately I figured it out after uploading. I figured it was skipping on the audio because I had a group of 1sec clips looping over quickly and maybe my computer could not convert it properly.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”