Problem editing clips to match music

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Asj
Org Profile

Problem editing clips to match music

Post by Asj » Tue May 20, 2008 11:41 am

So... I was trying to make a new video, but movie maker is acting strange. I've found that I need to make some of my clips 0:00:00.47 and some 0:00:00.53 - but half the time I can't edit a clip to the right length. I've also found that I need to start from the very beginning every time I preview the video, or else the music is several seconds behind.
Should I try a different video editor (suggestions?) or something?

Asj
Org Profile

Post by Asj » Tue May 20, 2008 11:47 am

Is there a way to edit posts? I want my clips 00:00:00.47 and 00:00:00.90, not 53.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 20, 2008 2:23 pm

WMM isn't frame accurate - for reliable frame accuracy you would be best advised to use a real NLE.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 pm

what type of compression/container are you using for your source? and yea wmm isnt frame accurate.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Re: Problem editing clips to match music

Post by Kanti13 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Asj wrote:So... I was trying to make a new video, but movie maker is acting strange. I've found that I need to make some of my clips 0:00:00.47 and some 0:00:00.53 - but half the time I can't edit a clip to the right length. I've also found that I need to start from the very beginning every time I preview the video, or else the music is several seconds behind.
Should I try a different video editor (suggestions?) or something?
Something similar happened to me before, no idea if it's the same problem, but the thing you say about it working when you start the timeline from the beginning..

For me it was a problem with the music. My cd was scratched and the song was skipping, but I hadn't listened to it in a while and when I played it from the beginning in wmm it sounded okay and as long as I played the timeline from the beginning everything would look fine, but when I went back and listened to the song on media player I heard the skip. It really sucked cuz I ended up buying the cd again and I still had to adjust most of the clips all over again. :(

And wmm just won't let you make your clips that accurate.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”