WMM Publishing problem

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
SasorixSuki
Org Profile

WMM Publishing problem

Post by SasorixSuki » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:14 pm

Okay, im a Newbie at this kind of stuff and i just found this site looking for an answer on how to solve my problem, but i didnt find anything so i made an account and now im asking.

Whenever i publish an AMV with AVI. files, the bottom of the screen is green and the top of the screen is squished like this.

I have been trying to fix it on my own for almost 8 months now and it's been driveing me completely insane!
I found out that WMV. files work fine when i publish them, So i tried to make the AVI. files into WMV. but the decoder i have dosent seem to work properly cause 1,000 errors pop up.

I have Windows Vista, and WMM 2.2 (Or whatever its called...)

Please help!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:29 am

Have you read the Sticky at the top of this sub-forum? For your convenience, here's a link to it: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=75439

Working in Vista is kinda an uncharted territory for most of us here, but there are some people who are using it, although with more advanced editing software than WMM 3.0 (or WMM 2.6 for those who's computer graphics don't meet the requirements). Hopefully, someone with a bit more experience with the newest WMM will stop by. But for the most part, the basics of editing with WMM 2.0/2.1/2.5 shouldn't be that different from the Vista versions.

Hope this helped.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

SasorixSuki
Org Profile

Post by SasorixSuki » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:34 pm

Willen wrote:Have you read the Sticky at the top of this sub-forum? For your convenience, here's a link to it: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=75439

Working in Vista is kinda an uncharted territory for most of us here, but there are some people who are using it, although with more advanced editing software than WMM 3.0 (or WMM 2.6 for those who's computer graphics don't meet the requirements). Hopefully, someone with a bit more experience with the newest WMM will stop by. But for the most part, the basics of editing with WMM 2.0/2.1/2.5 shouldn't be that different from the Vista versions.

Hope this helped.
Ok, thanks.
and i found out that the video files are XVID, Is there anyway i can change it?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:open the video file in virtualdub mod go to video->compression->Huffyuv

then go to file->save

use those to mark the beginning and the end of the "clips" you want so you can save room
'

huffyuv makes large files, so planning more and making clips is a good thing to do if you have limited space.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”