I can't watch my amv

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.

I can't watch my amv

Postby TweedleDum11 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:17 pm

If I go to my desktop where it's saved, I can watch it, but if I try to download it from here and watch it, I can't. It says, "File Not Supported". What does that mean? What should I do? Can u guys watch my amv?
It's called, "My First AMV-Ed's Adventure?"
User avatar
TweedleDum11
 
Joined: 01 Oct 2007

Postby Kariudo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:22 pm

looks like a bad upload to me, if you have already confirmed the upload you'll need to go to "edit my videos" and request a deletion of the local file so you can upload the actual video.

how big is your file on your desktop (right click, properties)?
and what file extension does it have? (.wmv, .avi, etc...)
Image
Image
User avatar
Kariudo
Twilight prince
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Location: Los taquitos unidos
Status: 1924 bots banned and counting!

Postby TweedleDum11 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:24 pm

The extension is avi, it was originally MSWMM,but I changed it. Is there any way to make it avi at first instead of changing it?
User avatar
TweedleDum11
 
Joined: 01 Oct 2007

Postby Kariudo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:30 pm

mswmm is the project file for window movie maker
simply changing it to .avi won't do much for anyone other than you.

here's part of a guide, this particular page talks about exporting your video from WMM2

you might have to read the rest of the guide to know what to do after export...but I'll leave that up to you
Image
Image
User avatar
Kariudo
Twilight prince
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Location: Los taquitos unidos
Status: 1924 bots banned and counting!

Postby CorpseGoddess » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 pm

TweedleDum11 wrote:The extension is avi, it was originally MSWMM,but I changed it. Is there any way to make it avi at first instead of changing it?


I might be misunderstanding you here, but...

Did you actually *convert* the file to .avi, or did you just type in ".avi" as an extension on the file name?
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Postby TweedleDum11 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:17 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:
TweedleDum11 wrote:The extension is avi, it was originally MSWMM,but I changed it. Is there any way to make it avi at first instead of changing it?


I might be misunderstanding you here, but...

Did you actually *convert* the file to .avi, or did you just type in ".avi" as an extension on the file name?

I typed the extension :oops: I don't know much about the computers >_>. How do you convert it?
User avatar
TweedleDum11
 
Joined: 01 Oct 2007

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:26 am

Kariudo wrote:here's part of a guide, this particular page talks about exporting your video from WMM2


be sure to follow this guide, it will help you with exporting from windows movie maker.. and give you a really nice quality file.

but the "easy way" to export from WMM is to go to "File"->"Save Movie File" and keep choosing "save for playback on this computer"...

It's still probably better to follow the guide Kariudo linked, as "the easy way" will give you a lower quality export..
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus


Return to Windows Movie Maker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest