Movie maker is being sucky

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Raharu Haruha
Org Profile

Movie maker is being sucky

Post by Raharu Haruha » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Okay so i searched out this forum looking for help :(

I have had this problem for a while, and well i gave up a while ago. but recently i wanted to try again. you see, my mm is sucky. i dunno why. it's just annoying. for the longest time i was looking for a new codec, when i found the dvix or w/e i dled it was able to load, which was in it's self a great success!

however! now it just doesn't work well. for example, i put the video into the time line and it won't play, like it's really laggy. do i just not have the best, most upto-date MM?

also, i've made tons of amvs using MM before, it just got shity a while back so i stopped

what should i do?

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:15 pm

You could try cleaning out some of your un-needed collections. That used to speed things up a bit for me

Raharu Haruha
Org Profile

Post by Raharu Haruha » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:04 am

BurningLeaves wrote:You could try cleaning out some of your un-needed collections. That used to speed things up a bit for me
i have no collections. and my real problem is that it's happening on both of my video editing systems, not just MM >.>

i believe it's a problem with codec, but i just downloaded divX or w/e. is there a codec which is simple to run and works well with avi anime type things in MM?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:42 am

download the amvapp
and cccp
read the sticky and Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>.
don't edit in divx, edit in huffyuv or uncompressed for best results... check you have enough RAM, processing power and your video card isn't shitty to determine if your epenis is up to scratch
new banzors in the making :p

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:43 am

ps... there's a new version of Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a> and the amvapp out... I don't have the beta link here tho :\
new banzors in the making :p

otbwavelength
Org Profile

Post by otbwavelength » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:37 am

moviemaker is sucky, period.

Raharu Haruha
Org Profile

Post by Raharu Haruha » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Autraya wrote:download the amvapp
and cccp
read the sticky and Read <a href="http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech/">ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>.
don't edit in divx, edit in huffyuv or uncompressed for best results... check you have enough RAM, processing power and your video card isn't shitty to determine if your epenis is up to scratch
thanks for your help. i dled the things and read the guide, it helped me understand some stuff, but the downloads didn't help my MM problem. now when i upload things onto it and place them onto the time line MM crashes. however, it has taught me how to use different codecs in adobe premier pro. for some reason adobe does not upload some videos, some different types of just give me weird static while others work in adobe. sadly more give me static :( i can't figure out any reasons why some videos play and others don't, is there any way to change a video to a certain formate?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 am

divx/xvid were not made for editing.

Streetfighter87
Org Profile

Post by Streetfighter87 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 am

otbwavelength wrote:moviemaker is sucky, period.
So true, so true.
"There's nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:04 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:divx/xvid were not made for editing.
Even so, i used WMM w/ divx and xvid files for a long time, the only problem i had was that it takes WMM longer to process compressed avi. but it goes smoother if i use lead mjpeg, lagarith makes it lag alittle but not alot

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”