Eh kinda sad but...need some help

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
konoha anbu
Org Profile

Eh kinda sad but...need some help

Post by konoha anbu » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 pm

ok simply put i don't have a video editing or movie maker program so could someone help me out with downloading one or giving me recemendations of good video editing software? and i apoligize if i broke any rules just need some help here.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:25 pm

use WMM, then branch out from there once you've got the hang of editting.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:01 pm

.. almost any Movie Editor will do, to learn on, and Windows Movie Maker is about as simple as it gets.

.. Learn what you can. Ask if you need help. We know what it takes to make Videos look good. We remember how it all started. We understand not knowing where to begin -- this is what we are here for; to help anyone who ask's for help 8-)

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:50 pm

http://www.download.com/Windows-Movie-M ... ag=lst-0-1

Thats Movie Maker 2, As far as I know that is the only free editing program out there. However it has alot of problems (hence this whole forum) The more commonlly used programs are

Sony Vegas ($100-$700 aprx) the cheepist I have seen an older version of vegas for was around $80 new versions are about 700 but this is a very powerfull editor that alot of people use

Premier ($400 i think, never really followed up on this one) Iv never really looked too hard into this one but iv seen some really good videos made with it

Magix ($50) This is the one I use. I find for the price it works much better then WMM but still has some issues, for he price however, it cant be beat

Post Production:
The two post production programs you will commonlly hear about are

Particle illusion ($99-$399) Has alot of interesting effects you can use however, if somebody doesnt know how to use it properlly they will overdue to preset effects and it will just look borring and old, so only look into this if you willing to put in the time to learn and really play around with it (at least thats my advice from what iv seen)

Adobe After Effects (?-$999) Im sure you could find an older version much cheeper if you looked, when it comes to effects this seems to be the standard. I havnt had a chance to exsperiment with it yet (Prob. because ill end up loving it and end up forking over wayyy too much $)

These are just a few of the more common programs youll see being used here im sure there are alot others out there. The prices may not be exact and im sure someone who uses these programs would know alot more about them then me. They offer trials (not sure about premier, never looked into that one) so you can play around and see whats best for you. They have a Forum here called Heads up, where people will post iv theyve seen an editing program (among other thing) on sale at a good price so keep your eyes open

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:44 am

BurningLeaves wrote:http://www.download.com/Windows-Movie-M ... ag=lst-0-1

Thats Movie Maker 2, As far as I know that is <b>the only free editing program</b> out there.
Dear god, what.

It's called the <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... ">Software List sticky</a> and it contains tons of free (though not always Free) alternatives, ever read it?

And even that list doesn't include <a href="http://www.bobyte.com/AviTricks/index.asp">AviTricks</a>.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”