If Can't Use DivX or Xvid Then.........

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.

If Can't Use DivX or Xvid Then.........

Postby The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Well alot of people are saying not to use Xvid or DivX files with windows movie maker or it will shut down on you and I have found that to be very true but..... what type of files should I be useing for the windows movie maker I've tried many file types but none seem to work. Can some one please tell the type of files they use so that I can make an Amv?
The_God_Of_Death_Mara

Postby Kalium » Wed May 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Kalium wrote:Read and learn.
that did not help.
The_God_Of_Death_Mara

Postby NS » Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.
I acually checked there first there was nothing about what type of file I should be useing there was stuff on what files I should not be useing the only file formats that I know that I can't convert any of my videos into is Huffyuv and AVISynth . If any could give me a coder that can convert anytype of file into Huffyuv or AVISynth I will be fine but if not please tell me what other files I can use.
The_God_Of_Death_Mara

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed May 30, 2007 10:10 pm

seriously... read what kalium posted it tells you exactly what kind of footage you should be using and how to get it :/
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby downwithpants » Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 pm

you'll find everything you need to encode huffyuv or create avs scripts by installing this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... app-21.exe
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Autraya » Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 am

The_God_Of_Death_Mara wrote:
NerdStrudel wrote:Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.
I acually checked there first there was nothing about what type of file I should be useing there was stuff on what files I should not be useing the only file formats that I know that I can't convert any of my videos into is Huffyuv and AVISynth . If any could give me a coder that can convert anytype of file into Huffyuv or AVISynth I will be fine but if not please tell me what other files I can use.

*Beats to death with broom handle*

Yeah, you know I'm sorry I only linked you to the guides that have the link to the amvapp in the FAQ, and had you actually read the guide the sticky links to you would have known to download the amvapp >.< and what huffyuv and avisynth are.
Silly me...

Now that you've got the AMVapp I hope you read the guide that tells you how to use it and take note of Kalium's suggestion.

*runs away to headbut another wall, one without blood stains*
new banzors in the making :p
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Postby NS » Thu May 31, 2007 6:42 am

Autraya it's ok I appareciate the FAQs, and reaqlly. My appreciation is the only that matters.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks Alot Everybody I'll try what you guys say I've been use WMM for a while with DivX and Xvid and it has been working fine untile about a few nights ago.
The_God_Of_Death_Mara

Postby krillin the villin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:38 am

yeah not really careing what the pros and other people say, Div-x and X-vid can be used in wmm/wmm2 as long as you get rid of the AC3 audio or the audio period, get rid of your giant X-vid everything wonderful codec pack, and that stupid FFDshow, i can do all files except h264... exsept on my laptop, vista will open all h264/x264/mvk you name it... it even has a save option now for "HDwidecreen X-box 360" at a woppin 7.2mps lol

i used wmm alot in the past and still do with live footage of stupid stuff like familys and sk8'n
Because you are good at amv's dosent meen you can't get yer arse kicked.
krillin the villin

Postby Minion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 am

krillin the villin wrote:disregard that, i have no clue what i'm talking about

:up:
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Yok/0 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:33 am

Minion Wrote

I got to doctor quotes to make me feel like I'm smart instead of just countering his comment.

:roll: :up:
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Minion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:54 am

you just doctored a quote :|
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Autraya » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am

The question has been answered guys, believe it or not by people who know what they are talking about. :?

2 words;

USE HUFFYUV

Ignore the ppl talking about Divx/Xvid and pls gawd (aka DWP on this forum) lock eeet before it gets worse and more n00bs get confused with conflicting advice
new banzors in the making :p
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Next

Return to Windows Movie Maker