DivX

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

DivX

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sun May 13, 2007 10:31 am

everbody wrote:Image
1) Am I the only person who never has a problem with DivX files in Movie Maker? The only problem I've ever had with Movie Maker is pictures and FDshow shit that came with AMVApp, but never with my DivX.

2) What do you other Movie Maker users use instead of Divx files?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun May 13, 2007 10:35 am

1. im sure that there are others that dont have that problem
2. thanks for taking my bandwidth :/
3. you forgot the link (scintilla's bandwidth) which tells you WHY you shouldnt, and HOW to fix it.

4. huffyuv encoded avi files

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Re: DivX

Post by Cornwiggle » Sun May 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Hiro The Dragon King wrote:
everbody wrote:Image
1) Am I the only person who never has a problem with DivX files in Movie Maker? The only problem I've ever had with Movie Maker is pictures and FDshow shit that came with AMVApp, but never with my DivX.

2) What do you other Movie Maker users use instead of Divx files?
I use Xvid for mine. I've tried Huffyuv in WMM before and it really makes NO difference in quality at all...hell, I think that encode turned out worse than some of my Xvid ones.

But, I use Xvid, I try to avoid DivX at all cost. My WMM HATES DivX...it crashes all the time and I can't even edit. I have no problems with Xvid.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon May 14, 2007 1:35 am

Consider yourselves lucky that you haven't encountered problems with XviD/DivX video in your editing programs so far. I'm not saying that you will have issues, but the odds are that eventually if you make enough videos, something will come up. (Or, all the bad things are happening to other people, balancing out the 'no problem' experiences you've had with XviD/DivX in WMM.)
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Mon May 14, 2007 1:57 am

consider yourself lucky if you dont have any problms with any codec

yeah if you are using "downloaded" divx/xvid footage i doubt that you would have done anyhting complicated with your divx/xvid files that may have caused the common problems.

if you make your own keyframed divx/xvid clips that its easy to understand why you dont get the silly problems -

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Mon May 14, 2007 11:34 am

DivX without I or B frames xD
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon May 14, 2007 11:46 am

huffyuv gives me some extra trouble sometimes because the large data throughput eats a lot of resources. i use divx or xvid encoded clips to search for scenes. i try to use huffyuv for the final render.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Wished
Org Profile

Post by Wished » Mon May 14, 2007 5:23 pm

I haven't had any troubles with it either, other than the stupid little DivX logo.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon May 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Wished wrote:I haven't had any troubles with it either, other than the stupid little DivX logo.
and the crappy picture quality and the complaining from everyone who knows bad picture quality when they see it right.
new banzors in the making :p

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Mon May 14, 2007 7:00 pm

Autraya wrote:
Wished wrote:I haven't had any troubles with it either, other than the stupid little DivX logo.
and the crappy picture quality and the complaining from everyone who knows bad picture quality when they see it right.
You can get quite high quality if you just save it in the right settings.

But of course, we all know you're so quick to bash WMM every chance you get.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”