Either I'm doing it wrong or it's something else.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Kumatora
Org Profile

Either I'm doing it wrong or it's something else.

Post by Kumatora » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:57 am

I've been experimenting with different recommended codecs by ripping a particular episode. Most of these won't play and end up wasting space. In fact, when I try playing them, WMP shuts down.

When I go into WMM, it won't last no more than 30 seconds. This never happened with DivX.

Now, before you flame me, DivX never gave me gigantic problems like these before other than when I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete but that's it. I mean, I've created six AMVs successfully(albeit with interlacing but that can be fixed, right?) and it's only happened recently.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:02 am

Cause you NEVER EDIT. (NEVER) With Divx Or Xvid.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:26 am

Which codecs? And if you have ffdshow installed, be sure to disable its support for any video codecs you already have separately.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:07 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Cause you NEVER EDIT. (NEVER) With Divx Or Xvid.
If that's the case, can you name another codec that compresses and doesn't take up 90% of my hard drive?

Anyway, I already told you I made 6 AMVs with DivX.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Kumatora wrote:
If that's the case, can you name another codec that compresses and doesn't take up 90% of my hard drive?
You don't usually want to encode <i>entire episodes</i> losslessly, especially if you don't have much hard drive space. It's much easier on your free space if you only take the clips you need.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Kumatora wrote:
You don't usually want to encode <i>entire episodes</i> losslessly, especially if you don't have much hard drive space. It's much easier on your free space if you only take the clips you need.
All right. I guess my videos will require more brainstorming. At least now I can find more appropriate lip clips.

BTW, I took out all the DivX collections off of WMM and it still shuts down as soon as I put something else in the timeline.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”