I'm a moron.. help me? *whimper*

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Rhinne
Org Profile

I'm a moron.. help me? *whimper*

Post by Rhinne » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:56 am

Okie.. so I've read 'A&E's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video mk 2' and 'So you want to be an anime music video editor', but something's still messing up.

I've downloaded AMVapp and I have a large stock of dvds to rip from (plus a whole tonne of music too).. but I can't seem to put it together.

Can someone please walk me through it or something? :oops:

So far I've been ripping the DVDs using 'DVD Decrypter', then I've cut the clips I want up using DGI index and VirtualDubMod. Then I've been trying to put the files together in Windows Movie Maker.

I just know there's something/s I'm missing, but I don't really understand what it is I should be doing next. Please help me?

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:13 am

Did you check the wmm stickie?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=75439

Are you having a problem somewhere after you get the footage out of vdub? As long as you save the clips as huffyuv you should be able to import them into wmm and edit with them.

If you're asking how to edit a music video, that's really up to you. When you import one of your huffyuv clips into wmm, Wmm automatically breaks it into short clips. You click them, scan through till you find the scenes you want, use the "razor" option to cut them, or place them in the timeline and "drag" the edges till they're the length you want. You do the same thing with the audio (use wav not mp3). Once you know how to add clips to the timeline you experiment till you find something you like.

If you have a specific problem - if the program locks up, etc - then check that wmm stickie.

/this should have been in the wmm help section - don't repost it, the mods will move it for you

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”