FFD Show

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Never_Say_Nyet
Org Profile

FFD Show

Post by Never_Say_Nyet » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:38 am

Okay, every time I finish viewing my avi video -- converted through makeAVIS -- ffd show causes WMP to run into an error and completely shut down. I've disable most video and audio codecs(except AVISynth) and still nothing has changed, it still shuts down in both WMP and WMM.

Does anybody have any advice on how to remedy this problem?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:52 am

yes.

I have an answer but I'd like you to have a look at other posts in this forum, this has been asked (twice?) before.

yes I'm being mean today sry
new banzors in the making :p

Never_Say_Nyet
Org Profile

Post by Never_Say_Nyet » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:28 am

Okay, I'm using a different codec now called "Helix YV12 YUV"; I was able to import it into WMM just fine but the fps seem a little "off". Is there anyway to fix that? Or at least tweak it a bit?

Never_Say_Nyet
Org Profile

Post by Never_Say_Nyet » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 pm

*Sigh*

Now this codec(along with others I've tried using) completely closes WMM whenever I try to blend two clips together. Does anyone know why this happens? I'm using VirtualDub to save them as AVIs, incase that helps.
I have an answer but I'd like you to have a look at other posts in this forum, this has been asked (twice?) before.
Yes, I've looked through the other threads and haven't found one that deals with my problem. Maybe I've missed some thread that could resolve this, I'm not sure...

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:34 pm

Have you tried using VDubMod to convert the clips to HuffYUV?

Never_Say_Nyet
Org Profile

Post by Never_Say_Nyet » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:46 am

Yes, I converted them through VirtualDubMod with the HuffYUV codec in every way the guide showed me and still have the same problem.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:59 am

Are you trying to blend footage with the 2 different codecs together?

or am I misreading you...

wmm is a buggy program and crashes often, read the FAQ at the top of this forum, the answer to your problem could be in there.

InfernoRage1
Org Profile

Post by InfernoRage1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:55 am

Actually sometimes FFDshow just makes WMM crash. If you uninstall it your videos should work fine, barring you absolutely needing it for something.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:35 am

InfernoRage1 wrote:Actually sometimes FFDshow just makes WMM crash. If you uninstall it your videos should work fine, barring you absolutely needing it for something.
That would depend on your settings actually.... but me not being at my computer and somewhere else in the world at the moment i can't look them up..... Scintilla/Karuido can you help pls?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:22 am

If you go into the ffdshow configuration and make sure its support for all codecs you already have is disabled, it should never pop up when using WMM. Don't forget the audio codecs as well.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”