Horray! Audio syncing problems!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
User avatar
SuperSaiyanCannibal
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 am
Org Profile

Horray! Audio syncing problems!

Postby SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:25 am

I'm having issues with syncing my audio to my clips. Everytime I play the audio through, and then I pause it to fix the timing on the clips, but then start playing the audio again, the audio is in a different spot then when I paused it, it's usually like up to three seconds difference then when I paused it! This way, I can't sync the audio to the clips exactly how I want it because the audio is different every time.

Does anyone have suggestions?

I apologize if this has been covered, I only quickly glimpsed at other threads

User avatar
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:01 pm
Status: Maybe editing?
Location: Chicago
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby CrackTheSky » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:50 am

This is either one of two problems:

1. WMM being a generally buggy program.
2. WMM being a generally sucky program.

Or both.

Check out the FAQ thread at the top of the page, I believe you'll want to scroll down to point 4. If following that doesn't help, then it might just be the fact that WMM's synching capabilities are shit and you'll simply have to deal with it.

User avatar
SuperSaiyanCannibal
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 am
Org Profile

Postby SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:18 am

CrackTheSky wrote:This is either one of two problems:

1. WMM being a generally buggy program.
2. WMM being a generally sucky program.

Or both.

Check out the FAQ thread at the top of the page, I believe you'll want to scroll down to point 4. If following that doesn't help, then it might just be the fact that WMM's synching capabilities are shit and you'll simply have to deal with it.


LOL, thanks for the tip. I defintely think it's time for an upgrade

User avatar
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:52 am
Status: old
Location: Terra Australis
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Autraya » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 am

low quality mp3s also do this and by low quality I mean at about 124kbps it becomes noticable.
new banzors in the making :p

User avatar
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:52 am
Status: old
Location: Terra Australis
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Autraya » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:26 am

aaawww crap never mind I just repeated myself *blonde moment*

really I know what's in my faq rrreeeaaally.
*sighs and goes off to head butt a wall*
new banzors in the making :p

User avatar
SuperSaiyanCannibal
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 am
Org Profile

Postby SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 am

Autraya wrote:aaawww crap never mind I just repeated myself *blonde moment*

really I know what's in my faq rrreeeaaally.
*sighs and goes off to head butt a wall*


Like I said, I just briefly scanned through the threads, didn't even bother checking in the FAQ

User avatar
Cornwiggle
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Lost Ground
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Horray! Audio syncing problems!

Postby Cornwiggle » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 pm

SuperSaiyanCannibal wrote:I'm having issues with syncing my audio to my clips. Everytime I play the audio through, and then I pause it to fix the timing on the clips, but then start playing the audio again, the audio is in a different spot then when I paused it, it's usually like up to three seconds difference then when I paused it! This way, I can't sync the audio to the clips exactly how I want it because the audio is different every time.

Does anyone have suggestions?

I apologize if this has been covered, I only quickly glimpsed at other threads


It happened to me, here's what I did:

Cut the clips, and just save the audio as "high quality" in WMM, then use the WMA version of it. As a WMA it won't skip or anything. Try it, it should work.
¯\(°_o)/¯

User avatar
SuperSaiyanCannibal
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 am
Org Profile

Re: Horray! Audio syncing problems!

Postby SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:17 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:
SuperSaiyanCannibal wrote:I'm having issues with syncing my audio to my clips. Everytime I play the audio through, and then I pause it to fix the timing on the clips, but then start playing the audio again, the audio is in a different spot then when I paused it, it's usually like up to three seconds difference then when I paused it! This way, I can't sync the audio to the clips exactly how I want it because the audio is different every time.

Does anyone have suggestions?

I apologize if this has been covered, I only quickly glimpsed at other threads


It happened to me, here's what I did:

Cut the clips, and just save the audio as "high quality" in WMM, then use the WMA version of it. As a WMA it won't skip or anything. Try it, it should work.


Thank you for your help.


Return to “Windows Movie Maker”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests