Stupit WMM problem!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.

Postby CrackTheSky » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:04 pm

That means you don't have the XviD codec on your system. Or, doesn't DivX work too? I dunno, download and reinstall DivX and XviD.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:05 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:That means you don't have the XviD codec on your system. Or, doesn't DivX work too? I dunno, download and reinstall DivX and XviD.

I have them I had install the CCCP a lot of times and is the same.C'mon I want to solve this problem and starat making AMVs again.
sliceman

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:07 pm

then there's a problem with your system. Uninstall all your codecs completely and reinstall CCCP. Or better yet, do a format wipe and reinstall your OS and go from there.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 pm

I reinstalled CCCP but the virtualmod still says the same thing,"Couldnt locate decompresor for XVID."
sliceman

Postby Rapture** » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:46 pm

why don't ya just reinstall AmvAPP then? and after you finished that,go to installation files(All Programs-->AmvAPP-->Installation Files),chose XviD codec,and install it (if you already installed it,reinstall it).
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage
Rapture**

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Ill do it.
sliceman

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:59 pm

I onen it on virtualmod!Thanks,now let see how to do this...
sliceman

Postby Rapture** » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:08 pm

is there any more problems?
ImageImage
Rapture**

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Well,I dont know how to use virtualmod.
sliceman

Postby Rapture** » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:15 pm

wait few mins,i'll make a short explanaition with screenshots.
ImageImage
Rapture**

Postby sliceman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Thanks a lot!
sliceman

Postby Rapture** » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:03 pm

First,you open vdubmod :

then,just press "File" section,and there choose "Open Video File" :

after you opened your file,you may use some effects on it (but that is not neccessary),and most likely you won't use them (now). but there are other useful things,as "Framerate" and "Compression" :

after you've done that,now you can save render video you want,to do that press button "Save As..." :

here you choose all properties that your exported (rendered) footage will have (in other word "Export Settings") :

now you need to choose compression method, A.K.A. "Export Codec" ; to do that,press button "Change" which you can find at the right bottom of "Save As..." window :

in there you may choose codec,as exmaple i chosen "DivX" ,but if you have questions about other codecs,or if you have lost of hdd space,and want very good quality,then just use "Huffyuv".

now,when you chosen your codec,you may save your file. to do that,just write file name,chose folder,and that's all. except for there are two ways to export your file , that is "Segmented" and "Non-Segmented" (or just "Full") :

this is "Non-Segmented" way. it export your file that way,which way it was imported to VDubMod.

and this is "Segmented" way. you may chose how much you want each segment size to be (in other words,using "Segmented" way is like breaking your video(i suppose you'll import full eps into VDubMod) into clips) it may also be called "Clipping" . Exmaple : you chosen "DivX" codec,so your Episode will be broken into ~20 peaces (it's just an example,real count of Segments are different almost always). each Segment will last ~1-2 mins. in other words,it's like clips in WMM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now here's one more thing you should know . if you want to crop out fansubs,then just go to "Video" menu,chose "Filters" , and there chose "Add" :

there mark filter named "Null Transform" and press "OK".

after done that,press button named "Cropping" :

and there you see a screen with your video inside. Y2 offset cropping,leads from down , Y2 offset leads from up , X1 offset leads from left , and X2 offset leads from right. so when you're cropping,in cropped place you'll see gray color,that gray color marks cropped place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

damn this is my longest post ever :shock: :shock:
i think that would be all you'll need for now,you'll learn everything else later :lol:
ImageImage
Rapture**

Postby sliceman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:58 pm

I did that but it appears only 2 or 3 minutes of the episodes.
sliceman

Postby Rapture** » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:35 pm

sliceman wrote:I did that but it appears only 2 or 3 minutes of the episodes.

it IS segments. there should be a lot of them , and all should be different.
ImageImage
Rapture**

Postby sliceman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:47 pm

And how do I get all of those segments?
sliceman

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Movie Maker